3-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 09, 2013
I taught at this school for ten years. I am currently the principal in San Francisco. I have worked with schools across the country and can very proudly say that Community Prep is a shining star among schools. The teachers are outstanding, the program is rigorous and the community is tight-knit. It is hands-down the best option for students and families in the Providence area who value academic excellence, diversity and community. I strongly encourage you to get involved.

Posted January 09, 2013
I loved my time at Community Prep. I am a former student and most of the things that make up who I am today are from my time there. When I was attending the school, I always felt welcome and I was always encouraged to go further and achieve more. The different projects we did as well as the numerous events that the students actively participated in were fun and very engaging. Even as an adult, I still feel welcome and joyful just walking in the door.

Posted April 20, 2010
Community Prep is a great school that welcomes the community. Its classes are very small, which helps students like me greatly to get attention and help on work. Its small classes are great because it helped students like me get more attention in their work and get help when they need it instead of being ignored or put to the side like in big groups of students. I also think the extracurricular activities there are great, such as the creative arts program by Mrs. Lee, the computer class, by Mr.Brenden Corley, the gym class, by Mr. Norman Ospina, and the spanish class, by Senora Vanegas. Both the teachers and the students are not only helpful, they are nice. Never are the students and teachers rude, and never do the teachers or students discriminate against each other. There is no doubt that Community Prep is definitely a five star school.

Community Preparatory School 1

Posted June 17, 2009
when i went to community prep, my social life changed dramatically. i am now more self consious because of the kids, the education is great, but the kids are not the best

Posted December 07, 2008
Community Prep helped me in many ways how to be a leader and how to take care of the things that are important to everyone. Our teachers were interactive, kind, and did everything to help us succeed. We learned a variety of things and I believe it helped me to be who I am today. With advanced classes that pushed us to be all that we could, we were challenged to our limits and it improved the way we think about many things. We were taught to be loving toward everyone and we were all involved. When someone needed help, we all pitched in to help all that we could. Teachers were nice to all students, students were nice to all teachers, teachers were interactive with other teachers, and students were never rude to other students. Community Preparatory School is without a doubt, an amazing community and an amazing school.

Posted September 06, 2007
Community Prep the things i can say about this place. I know it is a private school but it is worth it. This place rocks it encourages you to speak another language in spanish. It helps you to prepare for the real world by teaching you advanced math. And if you do not get something they will help you. This school uses technology and other stuff to help you learn and sucseed. This school is the best in my opinion check the school out parents

Community Preparatory School 4

Posted September 04, 2006
This small and very diverse school is the best know secret in RI. Classes are small and rigorous, and there is ample student and faculty assistance all week, and even some Saturdays. There is a uniform, equalizing all students; a respect contract for parents, students and faculty. Children are placed on individual tracks, especially in math, so they are constantly challenged. There is an on site after school program offering study hall and a variety of programs. The only real drawback is the lack of facilities, but the focus on academics, social skills and community involvement is to me, far more important. This is year two for us, and we are very happy as parents, and also have a very happy student.

Community Preparatory School
126 Somerset Street, Providence, RI  02907
Last modified Community Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 3-8
Community Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top