Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I'm pretty sure all of them are great teachers, but I can only talk about Mrs. Sorensen and Mrs. Dobson. Great experience with both of them. They treat my children as if they were their own. This right here is priceless.

Amount of homework: Agree

Every week both of my kids receive a packet to submit by the end of the week. I just have to supervise my kids because they feel so confident about the material given.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school staff/teacher always keep an excellent communication with us parents. I always know how my kids are doing throughout the day which is really important when you leave your little ones. Like I mentiones before i feel like I'm leaving my kids with family.

Excellent... I really enjoy taking my kids to school everyday. I love the way all staff treats my kids. I feel that we are family.

Some Staff and Teachers are wonderful. Others are horrible As a parent I am sometimes welcome in the classroom, depending upon the teacher. I am sometimes informed of what the kids are learning. The school doesn't want to hear about a child's struggles it's easier to label a child lazy than to address the problem.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

This school has some of the most compassionate diligent teachers and some teachers that obviously either don't want to teach or are in over their head. They frequently use TFA staff who have no experience.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework consist of unfinished class work as well as homework. Homework is assigned over every school break. To much

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school does not teach honesty, integrity, and fairness. Even the teachers are not honest they don't even admit to mistakes and will not own up to their behavior even when they know they are wrong. They do not lead by example.

Both of my children have attended Highlander Charter School. As a parent who seeks high standards from an educational institution for my children, I feel as though Highlander completely hits the mark. During my children’s time at Highlander, they have had some amazing educational experiences that I know they would not have gotten at any other school. I have never met a more conscientious staff whose focus is making sure that all of the students are learning. I would like to say that all students who attend Highlander Charter School are afforded the opportunity of a lifetime.

I give Highlander Charter School 5 stars because I think that the students are being pushed to do their best, just like they did 3 years ago when I didn't speak any English, or like they do every day when I come to school. HIghlander is a place where students can feel safe, where students can express their ideas, and where students' voices are being heard. This is why I love Highlander!

Last modified Highlander Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.