Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
I'm so thankful for everything you have taught my children. I don't have words to express how thankful I am. Thank you Mrs. Sorensen and Mrs. Dobson for everything you have done so far for my kids. I'm really thankful! God bless you both!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 04, 2016
I'm pretty sure all of them are great teachers, but I can only talk about Mrs. Sorensen and Mrs. Dobson. Great experience with both of them. They treat my children as if they were their own. This right here is priceless.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 04, 2016
Every week both of my kids receive a packet to submit by the end of the week. I just have to supervise my kids because they feel so confident about the material given.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
Teachers teach student how to respect others. Also they teach students how to aproach other students and/or person with respect.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
The school staff/teacher always keep an excellent communication with us parents. I always know how my kids are doing throughout the day which is really important when you leave your little ones. Like I mentiones before i feel like I'm leaving my kids with family.

Highlander Charter School 5

Posted May 04, 2016
Excellent... I really enjoy taking my kids to school everyday. I love the way all staff treats my kids. I feel that we are family.

Highlander Charter School 1

Posted April 24, 2016
Some Staff and Teachers are wonderful. Others are horrible As a parent I am sometimes welcome in the classroom, depending upon the teacher. I am sometimes informed of what the kids are learning. The school doesn't want to hear about a child's struggles it's easier to label a child lazy than to address the problem.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 24, 2016
Mr Ruben who no longer teaches there. Mr Willard. Miss Mav no longer a teacher there. Miss Cavanah no longer teaches. Mr Wolf no longer a teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted April 24, 2016
This school has some of the most compassionate diligent teachers and some teachers that obviously either don't want to teach or are in over their head. They frequently use TFA staff who have no experience.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 24, 2016
Homework consist of unfinished class work as well as homework. Homework is assigned over every school break. To much

42 Lexington Ave, Providence, RI  02907
Last modified Highlander Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.