Posted April 17, 2010
Individual learning plans, devoted faculty and staff, arts based curriculum. Celebrated diversity in a small community based school.

Posted April 17, 2010
I doubt this space is large enough for me to write everything I love about Highlander. Let's start with the dedicated support staff and the wonderful teachers, or we could talk about the student-specific teaching style, or maybe I should mention how my children are genuinely engaged and excited by school. Perhaps, though, it would be our award-winning after school program that would catch your interest. The bottom line is after having had my children in Highlander, I cannot imagine putting them anywhere else.

Posted September 02, 2009
I love this school and one of the reason is because they focus on each individual learning process.

Highlander Charter School 1

Posted February 27, 2009

Posted December 18, 2008
This is my daughter's first year at Highlander. She attended a local Catholic School prior to attending Highlander and we are both very happy with the change. She is excited about going to school everyday and about learning. Socially, she is accepted here for who she is, and I feel blessed that she has the opportunity to attend Highlander. Her teacher has over eight years of teaching experience and has really made an impression on my daughter. I see her challenging herself and becoming more responsible for her work each day. Thank you to all the staff for creatng the school environments parents dream about.

Posted October 03, 2008
I've been a teacher here for 5 years now. I teach 8th grade math and science and I love my job and teaching children in Providence. The staff of the school is young (but experienced) and getting better every day,...I trust them and their management and creativity enough to bring my Kindergartner here,...we have a great chess team and field soccer, basketball and step teams,...

Posted June 27, 2008
I am a parent with two childern in CVS Highlander. The staff is excellent. Teachers are willing too try what will work for each student. I have one child who needs extra help it is alsway provided. One child excells and is meet where she is at and she strives to excell. Truly is one student at a time! They desrive a big pat on the back. CVS is truly a Family and has the best intress for each of the students. Mt childern go to the after scholl program and when I come to pick them up they do not want to leave. Every one at this school give there all. More teachers in this state need to have an once of this and remember why they wanted to become teachers in the first place and not to have summers off! For the children! CVS Highlander Is GREAT! LOL

Posted January 30, 2008
Fantastic. Staff and Teachers are wonderful. As a parent I am always welcome in the classroom, I am informed of what the kids are learning. They really do teach every child including the ones that are not struggling. Great job.

Posted November 26, 2007
All the packaging is enticing, the extracurricular activities look good on paper but the achievers wait all day for the challenged students to try to get on task. Not the place for a student working at grade level. Young idealistic teachers, large turnover.

Highlander Charter School 2

Posted June 06, 2007
most of the teachers are new+ inexperienced. experimental teaching techniques confuse , don't get the job done or 'dumb it down'.Small class size doesn't necessarily guaurantee that each child is met at their level+ then raised from there. overall academic school performance has been average or lower. extracurricular activities seem to be numerous and varied but with limited space. Sorry but i'm very dissapointed

Highlander Charter School
42 Lexington Ave, Providence, RI  02907
Last modified Highlander Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highlander Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.