Public charter
Providence, RI

Paul Cuffee Charter School 4

Posted January 18, 2014
My child goes to the elementary school, and his experience has been very positive. He's had excellent teachers every year, and he is challenged, I do need to ask his teachers to give him more challenging work but they always accommodate him. What makes Cuffee special is its attention to social/emotional learning and its culture of respect for everyone in the community. In my experience, this is not true of most (if not all) of the Providence public elementary schools, where principals communicate with students using megaphones, and teachers yell at the students. My son says (even though some teachers are "strict") he always feels safe, and has never been bullied. The elementary school is the oldest, and the best-functioning of the three levels. I've heard the middle school is getting very good, but since the high school is new there seems to be some challenges. I hope these get ironed out before my son is ready to go to high school. I prefer a small school to Classical - the small size at Cuffee is a huge plus - everyone really gets to know each other and this gives the school a very 'homey' feel.

Paul Cuffee Charter School 2

Posted December 18, 2013
Can I tell you that the nurses at this school are completely out of their mind? One of them gave asthma medication to my non asthmatic son without consulting me at all.The lack of good education is also something to be concerned about. My other son complains that his new classes at classical are hard and paul cuffee teaches you the bare minimum (no advanced classes for those who need them), useless maritime knowledge, and that other former middleschoolers (who attended public schools) are more prepared than he is. Socialization is another problem, kids are forced to be in a class with few students and cannot practice social skills as well as if they were in a bigger enivronment. Please consider the fact that just because it's charter, doesn't mean it's better. They take away necessary resources away from public school while giving students less than at public schools. Sure smaller class sizes are "good" but motivated smart kids will do the same (or better) if they were at public schools.

Posted September 26, 2013
Paul cuffee is a great school, my doughter went there from 3-8 grade, she were well prepare to go to Clasical hight school, now she is in her second year in URI ; thanks for the confidence that the the teachers from Paul Cuffee Charter School.

Posted December 10, 2012
all five of my kids go here. Great culture, friendly environment and the students are disciplined. Academically my children do very well here. I love the way my daughter (3rd grade) reads, thanks to her then kindergaten teacher Ms. Hill. My kids love the school and so does my husband and I. Great involved PTO. No child gets left behind at Paul Cuffee School. Funga Alafia...Ase Ase!!! Give us peace... Amen, Amen

Posted May 25, 2010
teachers and are awesome very good school student learn a lot and there teachers won;t give up on them

Posted January 26, 2010
It is a great school that encourages parent perticipation.

Posted October 16, 2009
paule cuffee is a great school i should know i go there and all of the teachers will help you every step of the way its so great to have the privlige to go to paule cuffee school as i said its a great school thats getting better by the second so thats why i think this school is the best school i've ever been to in my life!!!

Posted October 04, 2009
Paul Cuffee is an amazingly diverse environment. Students are not only taught to excel academically, but they are also taught swimming and sailing. My daughter's teachers have been exceptionally strong!

Paul Cuffee Charter School 3

Posted October 14, 2008

Paul Cuffee Charter School 0

Posted May 07, 2008
Paul cuffee is a great school, I am so happy I choose this school, for my daughter, teachers work very hard to work with the students as well as with the parents, in any area that you need help. I am so thankful with the teachers my daughter has had in these 3years, they always helped me daughter in any area of help that she needed and they also worked well with me to help me better assist her. I feel safe when I drop off my daughter every morinig, because I know that its a safe environment, and I like the structure that the students have at paul cuffee, in general its a great school, and everyone is friendly. The after school club is wonderful too.

Paul Cuffee Charter School
459 Promenade St, Providence, RI  02908
Last modified Paul Cuffee Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paul Cuffee Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top