Posted April 27, 2014
The school moved over the last year and they have a great new facility with a great playground. Now that they are settled I am sure they will do even better!

Posted August 06, 2012
Oldham school is a wonderful little school, I like the low number of children (180) the staff know all the kids! My son was chanllenged but not pushed. The teacher and staff made great accomedations for our split home and information that was sent home. The principal was strong and did great things for our school but unfortunately is now moving on. This school has a great reading program and overall good education.

James R. D. Oldham School 1

Posted May 04, 2012
I am disappointed in the level of understanding being afforded to my grandson who attends this school. Some of the discipline levied does not "fit the crime". I would think that educators possess enough training in psychology, etc. , that would enable them to handle children who are only 5 or 6 yrs old. I would like to see more effort on the part of the educator and less finger-pointing toward the child. Let's not forget who the adults are and that we as adults have more experience. Also, staff members should not leave inappropriate items out in plain sight of children who would be tempted to touch and then get in trouble for doing so. One more thing, I know that there must be "corners" in the school, wouldn't that be more appropriate than sending a child home for a "misdemenor"? Really inappropriate discipline on the part of that teacher.

James R. D. Oldham School 0

Posted September 26, 2010
They have a new principal who I believe will energize the teachers and the students.

James R. D. Oldham School 5

Posted June 18, 2010
I have a daughter who is now in the 7th grade and one who is in 2nd grade, both attended this school. It is an excellent school! The teachers are fantastic and they are very family oriented! We have not had a problem there yet.

James R. D. Oldham School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
I love Oldham because of the dedicated staff.

Posted March 08, 2009
Over the past year this school has been such a success in my home!! My child needs challenges in all in subject and is receiving those challenges from his teacher. I hope we can continue to work together is this wonderful partnership!! Much Happier then 2 years ago!!!

James R. D. Oldham School 5

Posted December 27, 2008
JRD Oldham is a wonderful school! The teachers are outstanding! My son's fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Bickford is just wonderful! My son comes home excited everyday and can't wait to tell me about all the exciting things he is learning in school. Overall we are very happy!

James R. D. Oldham School
640 Bullocks Point Ave, Riverside, RI  02915
Last modified James R. D. Oldham School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James R. D. Oldham School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top