Smithfield, RI

Posted April 06, 2010
Gallagher is a great school with a terrific administrative staff. Ms. Beauvais is awesome and so im Mrs. Pleau. They really get things done.

Vincent J. Gallagher Middle School 1

Posted December 05, 2009
I go to Gallagher Middle School and am extemely disapointed with the school. From teachers that are full of themselves to unjust punishments, i cannot wait to get out of this school.

Posted May 27, 2009
I am fed up with absentee teachers and overall lack of discipline in the classroom. This school talks a good game about responsibility and structure, but classrooms are free-for-all zones where students are left to play patty-cake while substitute after substitute saunter through the classroom. Teachers do not control their classes and students are not engaged.

Posted November 03, 2008
I go here, And man is it awesome!! im new this year, but ive had every second of greatness here at GMS.

Posted May 28, 2008
Curriculumn needs to be updated. School is run down...needs to be updated. Poor testing scores.

Vincent J. Gallagher Middle School 5

Posted July 24, 2007
I have just left GMS. It was an awesome school. The kids here always get into learning, because the teachers know how to make it fun but also make it a challenge. Everyone is always on their best behaveior (except for the usual joke or two). The school always has fundraisers and we really get into them. Just last year we raised the most peanut-butter. One of the best features of our school is that we have somthing called Advirsory (mostly called Anchor Time) This is a certain peroid of the day where you meet with a group of students from your own grade (not always your team though) and a teacher (from around the school) and you discuss issues, help each other with team building activitys Or If your like my past group, we have a can food drive. Pretty much. GSM rules. :)

Vincent J. Gallagher Middle School 5

Posted October 12, 2006
I think that this is one of the best school in all of Rhode Island, I have visited many schools in my past years and I think that this is definitely one of the best schools to enroll your child in. The teachers here are enthusiastic and fun loving, but always remember to stay on task and teach the lesson. They have great programs in the school, with new extra-curricular activities every quarter. They have great sport teams and coaches that really help your child improve in that specific sport. This is absolutely the #1 school to send your child to.

Posted March 31, 2005
Gallagher is a pretty good school. The families of this town are fabulous and the kids are well-behaved. The only thing I don't like about this school is that there are no after school classes. If your not into sports...your out of luck!

Posted December 23, 2004
I'm not a parent , but an eigth grader at this school, and it is a great place! Everything is organized and the other kids here learn alot. The teachers and staff are caring and understanding, but discipline to students well. Even if you don't quite fit in, you'll always find a friend, because the kids arenice and friendly. I like this school alot!

10 Indian Run Trail, Smithfield, RI  02917
(401) 949-2056
Last modified Vincent J. Gallagher Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vincent J. Gallagher Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top