Bad
Good

I have two children at Cedar Hill and have had a great experience. The staff is wonderful and receptive. I would recommend this school to anyone. If you live in Warwick this is the school to be at.

My daughter was not particularly challenged at this school. As my daughter would describe a typical day, both my husband and I were disappointed in the amount of actual teaching/learning that occurs during the day. Also, although not unique to this school, science scores are low and reflect the fact that science is only taught once a week. I would like to see teachers more inclined to go above and beyond.

I do not agree with the previous comment about "The school follows all the regulartions and programs Warwick sets...". Does city regulations state that No Child Left Behind and No Child Can Get Ahead?

This school follows all the regulations and programs Warwick sets up for them. Many of these reviews reflects the city's programs and not the individual school. Before school and after school programs are set up by the city not the school. The teachers follow the curriculum set up by the city and therapeutic classrooms are part of the special education program which again is set up by the city's school administration. I feel the teachers and parents in this school do a great job with the students. The NECAP test scores show how the teachers keep the students on a proficient or highly proficient academic level. I have been proud to be part of this community.

My son was also consider a higher grade level upon transerferring to Cedar Hill and I was beyond surprised about his acedemic reports. At home he deomstrated even quicker then my ability in math on the spot. Reading was also great. I requested numerous confrences with his teacher who often told me he was distrubitive in class however never made the time to meet with me even tough I volunteered in the class room on a weekly basis. Theres no before school program and even the breakfest drop off the students have no supervision until 8:35am with class statrting at 8:40 thats no time for a child to get a good breakfest. The early dissmissal for walkers is also a burden with the parking only fitting a few cars not to mention they tell the parents to be there at 2:35 bc they childen will be out by 2:40 which never happens and is a half hour of wasted time specailly on a working parent. The 2:50 time is more adequate and its obvious with the no before school program and early dissismal that the children are not getting the most attention through out the day. this year they did start an afternoon sports program which is great just needs more of it and other programs after school!

I agree with the previous comment about differential education. My daughter went through the similar situation in Cedar Hill. The previous principal always loved to tell all parents that his school was the best in RI, the best in New England, the best ... Parents including us moved from outside RI challenged him several times in the PTG meetings. If we compared the public elementary school my daughter attended prior Cedar Hill with Cedar Hill, it is like comparing Barrington, East Greenwich with Central Falls in RI. The principals and teachers need to go outside the tiny state of RI. They need to take a look at the world and realize that Central Falls represents RI. The community needs to take a look at the outside world and realize that how bad the education in RI is.

We are really disappointed with the school. We looked in this site and decided to move in Cedar Hill school area, because it rated 9. The principal doesn't work much. We don't feel that our daughter learning something in the school. She was selected in top %1 as a nationwide test and won many awards. At home I teach her above grade works because she can do them easily. However, at school they stuck with work that my daughter did when she was in preK- Kindergarten. I tried to talk with teacher that can she give her more challenging stuff. This week I was very surprised when my daughter brought her progress report. Some of her grades especially Math was just OK. At home she does excellent job in Math that even some American High schooler can't do. I think the teacher doesn't know enough about their students. She doesn't care much what is she doing.I talked some of the parents and they also feel that the teacher doesn't do her job. My daughter was an above grader in her former school (it was an excellent and challenging school). I'm not saying this because of my daughter but I also saw her classmates work and they still don't know how to spell simple words.

Excellent teachers (innovative ideas, adaptability to each student's learning style). Excellent implementation of IEPs. Friendly and organized secretary. Student and parent commitment to charitable organizations is notable. All purpose room and parking lot could be roomier.

It's an overall good expierience but it could have been better. There are no after school programs and the gym program is not very good either. The principal change may or may not be good.

I have 3 daughters in this school, and I am quite pleased. Secretary does a fabulous job in the office, and she always makes parents feel welcome! Bus behavior needs drastic improvement. There has been strong sexual conversation on the bus that has mostly been ignored. Overall- great school.

Last modified Cedar Hill School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.