Posted April 07, 2010
My daughter goes to this school and we are all so pleased with it. Both my husband and I went to private school for elementary school and didn't know what to expect from public. We are blown away with the dedication from both the teachers and principal. My daughter has 5 field trips planned for the year and the teacher plans parties and just makes learning plain fun! You can tell that she loves it and takes it seriously. If you are planning on moving to Warwick, I highly recommend moving to Greenwood Proper so your child can reap the benefits of this fantastic school!

Posted November 09, 2008
Excellent principal ... caring teachers. Great school!

Posted January 30, 2007
This school is on of the best in the state. My daugther has been transformed into an exceptional student since starting there in the 4th grade Now in her recent report card she has been defined as a hardworker, with defined leadership qualities. Need I say more!

Posted December 26, 2006
This is the best half day Kindergarten in the state - the Teacher is wonderful and my daughter has learned so much already. She needs extra assistance, but this was noticed the second week of school and now is doing great! The secretary and principal are very nice and I always receive messages about special happenings at school.

Greenwood School 2

Posted July 23, 2006
When my children first started at Greenwood School it was one of the best run schools around, totally interactive. Now the children have become pretty free with physical expression, such as hitting, pulling, and wrestling behavior. I think more emphasis should be put on keeping ones hands to them selfs. Not enough consequences! A parent from another school in the Warwick district refered to Greenwood as the bully school. If your child has a learning disability this is not the school for you. I accually had a teacher tell me, she had not read my childs IEP because she wants to make her own judgement of the abilities of the child. Clearly she believed learning disability means laziness and treated my child as such. Bad year! Teaching to rule is a very scarey thing. Some teachers at Greenwood feel teaching to rule = no need for parent communication.

Posted March 03, 2004
My daughter attended this school for two years. We have been to many school from relocating reasons. This is one of the better ones. The activities and ways to get involed are a great help to the development of the students.

Posted February 23, 2004
2003/2004 I think the school overall is a good school. The principal is wonderful. Very warm and caring. Because the teachers are not under contract at the moment, extracurricular activities or field trips are not on the schedule for this school year, which is too bad for our children. The teachers pretty much work to rule. Some of the teachers should make some decisions about retiring if they don't enjoy their jobs, because it is our children that miss out when the teachers are just showing up but don't know how to teach, or teach the way they did when they first became teachers. I am surprised by the lack of parent participation, and often see the same PTA members working hard for our children. Not sure why a parent wouldn't want to be involved in their childs life, or what it would take to get more of them involved. Overall, a safe school.

Posted October 06, 2003

Greenwood School
93 Sharon St, Warwick, RI  02886
Last modified Greenwood School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenwood School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top