Warwick, RI
Students enrolled: 1,149

Posted November 15, 2014
I feel that school is one of the better schools in the state. The school may be lacking in the funds department and needs some repairs, but that is the case for many public schools in Rhode Island. I have found that this school has some of the most inclusive students around and I have never encountered much bulling. Most of the teachers are kind and willing to help. Although it has the most racial diversity and poverty within Warwick, Pilgrim has the highest test scores and least amount of fights and arrests in the city. I would not recommend this school for somebody who is into sports, most of the teams are average. Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at pilgrim and most of my classmates have as well.

Posted July 18, 2011
I was in the first graduating class of 1964. When I look back I think that Pilgrim compares very well to other schools around the country. They prepared me well for college and I received a well rounded education. The education I received there in the sixties was better than many of the college educations of today. I am retired now and am glad I received a quality Pilgrim education which prepared me well and was the basis for a successful life.

Posted February 19, 2010
it has some very decitated teachers and the prinicpal is really doing well. the guidence dept and the office are another subject, they are the laziest people I have ever had to deal with. they do nothing all day to help the kids or parents.

Posted April 09, 2009
All of the teachers within the school are great. They really do show care towards students and their progression throughout the school. As I finish up my senior year I can safely say that I have learned and partook in many interesting classes and teaching methods all throughout the different subjects. The only negative sides are the condition of the school, it's a mess and needs to be fixed up, it looks disgusting sometimes. The other negative side happens to be some of the administration. While some are very down to earth good people others are very bitter, not understanding and a lot of times mean towards students. Even so, the quality of the teachers more than makes up for it.

Posted March 23, 2009
Pilgrim is a great school. The current principal has worked so hard to improve the school in every aspect. He has improved test scores along with the school moral. I graduated last year and would say that over the past four years pilgrim has become like a family. Not all of the teachers care but most of them do. I have only come accros a few that did not like their jobs. The teachers that do care will go above and beyond their job requirements. In my four years I only saw 2 fights. Everyone their tries to get along. Pilgrim is a very safe and inviting enviornment. 'Once a Patriot always a Patriot'

Pilgrim High School 5

Posted July 03, 2008
Pilgrim before the principal we currently have was a pretty sloppy school, tests were average, and there really wasn't anything to brag about. but with the principal we have now, we are improving every year, the school is becoming stronger and more unified. this principal has motivated us to be better and to do better things. are test scores have gone up and we are now the best of the public schools within warwick. i thank our principal

Posted January 05, 2007
Pilgrim is a great school. I am a senior this year and the four years I have been there, it has improved each year. Last year's test scores showed that we are the best school in the city. Our principal has tried to improve our school each year. Teachers at Pilgrim care for their students. It is too bad that not all people feel the way many of us at Pilgrim feel about our school.

Posted January 03, 2007
I am a senior at Pilgrim this year. In my four years, I have seen Pilgrim improve every year. Our school is now the best in the city. We have been rated with the highest rating given by the state of RI for the past four years. Our principal has improved the school every year I have been there. School spirit has gotten better every year. Now that our teachers have a contract, things have gotten even better. It is too bad that some people have not had a good experience at Pilgrim. For me, it has been the best.

Pilgrim High School 1

Posted June 24, 2006
Pilgrim High School is proof positive that any idiot can graduate from public schooling. I graduated this past June, and I doubt that half of the 300+ students who crossed the stage with me are ready and able to complete assignments in a real college. For the most part, Pilgrim High School directs its cirriculum to the lowest common denominator. If you are considering sending your child to Pilgrim, and have the money to afford private schooling, then you should go that route. The teachers at Pilgrim show a genuine disdain for their jobs, the secretaries shuffle papers for 6 hours a day and are generally cranky, and the guidance department does not work nearly as fast as is needed in order to get things done. If you favor rote memorization and low standards, send your child to Pilgrim.

Pilgrim High School 3

Posted November 18, 2005
As a former student I see where the school has been and where it is going. First, I must say that the school cannot be merited (or demerited) solely by concentrating on current students' since they have a subjective view with nothing else to compare to. The current principal was my teacher while I attended Pilgrim. His tough but fair (within guidelines) mentality prepared me for the career I am about to start. He is working harder than any other principal I have seen to make the school what it should be...a learning and growing environment. The teacher quality is great, but it can be much better, and that will be resolved through a decent contract. Safety is a main concern in many schools these days and although they now have an in-school police officer, they are only as effective as the discipline. Overall, Pilgrim is getting better.

111 Pilgrim Parkway, Warwick, RI  02888
Last modified Pilgrim High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pilgrim High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top