Warwick, RI

Sherman School 4

Posted May 19, 2014
Sherman school has been a decent school, mainly due to some exceptional, caring teachers. Many programs available to students are helpful with personal development, such as music, Feinstein program. Leadership could be improved. The parents who are involved do wonderful job, but too many uninvolved parents. Long term plans for school department are causing us to look elsewhere for middle and high school years, also increased focus on testing and decrease in creative learning. The district as a whole does not value excellence in education, and focus is on meeting basic requirements rather than supporting students who "need more".

Posted March 29, 2011
Presently my son is at Sherman school. We moved here from Lincoln about a year ago and were greatly concerned about the value of education during the transition. We were surprised to find that Sherman school was much better than the previous school my son attended. The Principal was marvelous in helping my son become acquainted with this new environment. His teachers have been the best as well. We seem to be very lucky with our choice of schools in Warwick. I hear this is the best elementary school anywhere around the area.

Posted January 10, 2011
Three of my children have received a marvelous education at Sherman School. Primarily this is due to the extreme dedication of the Principal and the Teaching Staff. This crew works later and harder than any other school I have ever seen. You would be lucky is you had your offspring educated in this school.

Posted January 03, 2009
My two daughters attend Sherman Elementary. I think it is a wonderful school and I've had nothing but excellent experiences with the teachers and staff.

Sherman School 3

Posted July 02, 2008
I think the overall education at Sherman is average. I think that my children are not challenged as much as they should be from talking to parents of children in other communities. I also think that the behavior of some of the children is horrible. The teachers do seem to care alot about the children and parent involvment is strong.

Sherman School 1

Posted May 14, 2007
I think the education level is horrible and the issues at this school never get resolved . I feel like this school has nothing to offer.

Sherman School 1

Posted May 14, 2007
I feel as if this school has not enough to offer. As a parent of three i will be taking my children out of this district due to unresolved issue at this school and uncooperative parent teacher involvement . Also the level of saftey and education is very low at this school and would recommend you look into other schools that better educate and have a better parent involvement and saftey for children and others.

Posted September 18, 2006
Sherman Elementary School is #1 in Warwick,RI. The academic programs offer far exceed my expectations as a parent. Sherman has implemented the positive behavior program this year. Students, teachers and faculty are developing this program and doing wonderful. The students are learning a lot and adapting to the positive and healthy environment. Music is a major component as well. Introduced early with the recorder, students can move on to violin and then other brass, wind and percussion instruments. There is also a chorus, beginning for students in the 5th grade. Art and gym are offered to students starting in kindergarten. Parent involvement is high. Sherman has a very strong Parent Teacher Organization. Many events are organized each year that the students get involved in. Sherman is a tight knit school where the children feel like a family. The principal is interactive with the children, teachers, staff and parents. Sherman Sharks #1.

Sherman School
120 Killey Ave, Warwick, RI  02889
Last modified Sherman School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sherman School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top