No rating

St Peter School

Private | PK-8

Living in Warwick

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $148,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,040.

Posted June 24, 2010

My kids came out when they crammed all the overflow kids form other schools that closed. Too bursting at the seems. They put the same faces all over the yearbook. try explain that to your kids cryin about why they not even in they own yearbook. School teaches behind other schools, we didn't know till we went someplace else. sure, if you there you think its great, till you go somewhere else where theyre teaching harder stuff in the same grade. how would you know? YOu think St. Petes is great school,just check around to see what theyr teaching other places. you find you kids are behind. Too many kids, too far behind.

Posted May 10, 2010

My daughter goes to St. Peter's School, and I find the school to be lacking academically. Although the school provides a great 'family type' atmosphere for the children (older buddies for younger children), I have not found the school to beacademically challenging for my child.

Posted January 7, 2010

St. Peter's is a wonderful school- The staff is genuine and caring. It feels like a large family.

Posted January 3, 2010

Get bang for your buck here!! My daughter has been at this school for three years. She has learned so much. The teachers are extremely devoted, and are willingly approachable, by either email phone or in person. Parents are well known to each other and the students, and are encouraged to be involved in all aspects of their child(ren)'s education, through numerous volunteer opportunities...IE.: Room Parents, Chaperons, Lunchtime, etc. One of the best aspects is that each smaller child is assigned an older 'buddy', who will help the younger ones with various projects and attend mass with them. The kids love this and it helps promote a family-like atmosphere, since the small kids look up to the big kids! It is comforting and heartwarming to see your child getting a competitive education in such a warm, friendly and safe environment. I can't say enough about this school!!!!!

Posted January 2, 2010

St. Peter School is a wonderful school where my children have thrived academically, socially and spiritually. The principal and faculty are dedicated and professional and truly care about each child.

Posted December 28, 2009

My daughter has been at St.Peter school for two years now and I cannot say enough about the dedicated staff and principal.Last year my daughter's adjustment was very difficult for her due to a full day and new school. The faculty and principal could not have been more supportive. It was a team effort to make her feel comfortable and adjust and because of that she is doing wonderful this year!! The activities planned by the teachers is done out of pure enthusiasm and love of children. They take out of their time at home and are so dedicated to the kids. I love the atmosphere of safety and accepatance. The parents who are involved are both enthusiastic and welcoming to new parents. I am so pleased my daughter will be attending St.Peter school until her highschool years.

Posted December 23, 2009

We have been part of the St Peter school family for 4 years now. Our daughter just received her standardized testing results and was well above the national average with her scores. They learn in a warm, loving, safe, friendly environment. They children in the school all look out for one another and treat each other respectfully. The best part is that they PRAY in school. Their faith formation is amazing...this will help and guide them always. PArent involvement is amazing. Love the school!!!

Posted December 22, 2009

My son graduated from St. Peter School this past year and easily transitioned into a demanding honors curriculum at a competitive private school. The teachers at St. Peters are committed to challenging the students and getting the best out of them.

Posted December 21, 2009

I have 2 children attending St. Peter School and have been extremely pleased with the school. In this day and age when public venues are not allowed to celebrate religious holidays, it's been a joy to attend my children's Christmas concert (complete with religious and festive songs.) It's been a blessing this Christmas season to hear and see my children understand and recount the real meaning of Christmas. They understand that Advent is our time to prepare for Christ's coming. They celebrate monthly masses, prepared and presented by the students. Christian values are woven into every aspect their day. The students and faculty work together to 'foster spiritual, academic and social growth within an atmosphere of mutual respect.' This mission is repeated daily to the community. If you are looking for a community where your child's faith will be as important as their academics, this is a perfect fit.

Posted December 21, 2009

There have been, and continue to be, many changes at St. Peter School. Many of the older reviews reflect an outdated administration. With the recent institution of a new principal, who happens to have taught at the school for over twenty years, many new and exciting changes are taking place. Parents and students alike are encouraged to voice their opinions, and help form the school into what they would like it to be. I have never seen another school with so much involvement from, not only the parents of the students, but grandparents, parishioners, and former students. I attended St. Peter's for 9 years as a child, and now have a daughter in first grade. She loves the school, the teachers, and the activities. The school is an extremely safe community, where everyone looks out for each other. The administration is caring, helpful, and always follows appropriate school procedure.

Posted December 21, 2009

Choosing the right school for your children is key and a tremendous responsibility for any parent. St. Peter's was always our primary and only choice. As a mother of two, and as a working parent, many factors helped to shape my decision to send my children to St. Peter School. Safety - I needed to know that my children would be safe while mom and dad were away; Extended Day Program - the convenience of early drop-offs and later pick-ups afforded to working families; the Faith-Based Curriculum - integrating our Catholic faith into all facets of our core studies; Clubs/Activities - a wide variety of programs available through the school and the parish; as well as the close proximity of parish to our school. All of these provide security and stability to the student, while providing comfort to the parent. Our family highly recommends this school to anyone inquiring.

Posted October 7, 2009

I removed my children from St. Peter's 2009 due to crowded classrooms. At recess low adult:child ratio; students play where ungated driveway opens into street. Several parents raised concerns to unresponsive administration, since lack of oversight resulted in intolerably rough play. It was suggested that school recruit parent volunteers for recess duty; answer: current ratio of 1 or 2: 60 is acceptable, 'has always been that way.' Administration: little control over subordinate non-faculty; boundaries between appropriate involvement of non-faculty personnel in private student matters is unprofessional. Extent to which non-faculty personnel exercise control over decisions reflects poorly on leadership; who is running the school? During heartbreaking time in my family's life, I found administration impassive and uncharitable, especially with respect to an indiscrete, shockingly insensitive use of highly personal information. Shouldn't be that difficult to effect change that will benefit the children in whose best interest administration is supposed to serve.

Posted September 8, 2009

Our girls attended St. Peter's School and loved the school; Unfortunately they were not able to return this year. The administrator and office staff were very supportive of our children and family during some very difficult times. We could not have been more pleased with our children's experience at this school. Thank yo so much for seeing that our children were well cared for.

Posted August 30, 2009

My child had a fair experience at St. Peter's School. I did not send him to the school last year due to what I believe was unacceptable social behavior displayed by his peers. The faculty seemed to dismiss the rough behavior as 'typical' boys. The behavoir displayed would not have been tolerated at the public school in Warwick my son attends. I am happy to say, that my son no longer attends St. Peter's, especially after reading the reviews from former students, which were filled with atrocious spelling and gramatical errors.

Posted April 2, 2009

I have a 3rd grader and I have to say I have not been pleased with the school and am thinking about removing me child. I understand their our schools closing and I still believe in Catholic Education, I just do no think this is the right school. It' s sad but the curriculum lacks and the principal does not support the teachers and it shows.

Posted January 6, 2009

My daughter used to go to St Peters, but now is in a public school, some of the teachers were nice, but some seemed angry all the time, it was a small school, which was nice in a sense, but very hard to make friends, being a small group we found it to be very 'clicky' now she is in a public school, learning many new things, and making friends, we are happy with our decision to move her out of St Peters.

Posted January 4, 2009

St. Peter school is a safe and happy environment for my son to learn and grow. The teacher's are dedicated and are very invested in helping students become the best that they can be.

Posted August 26, 2008

I go to St. Peters right now and i must say that if you are thinking of sending your kid here you are your stupid but at the same time you are not. I have made good friends here but the thing is the school does not have much new kids come in to it so you never really get a chance to meet new people. The school also does not have much money and when we raised money to get a gym what they did with the money was not get a gym it was repave the parking lot and may i add it did not need to be repaved. But I you get the education you need. So all in all this school is okay
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 9, 2007

I attended this school for ten years, from pre-school until eigth grade. The school does lack some things that at the time, us students thought were huge deals: a gym, many different sports, and it is quite small. However, now that I look back upon my experiences, I must say that the good really outweighed the bad. We became attached to a close-knit class and were able to grow, learn, and experience things with people that we felt comfortable with, and people that we got to know every day. There isn't a better and safer place to experience all the pressures and new things about middle school. The teachers truly cared about us, knew everything about our families, and really loved us. Now, the school has four different sports and new computers. The middle school dances were such a blast. This school is really wonderful and loving.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 13, 2007

i went to st.peters from preschool till 8th grade. It may not have been the best academically but i came out of their with so many good friendships. You grow close to your classmates and teachers. The teachers are extremly caring. Yeah they still dont have a gym or an auditoruim, but we always made due. I then went on to bay view and am now attending URI. If you want a safe loving enviornment for your kids, St. Peters is the wat to go.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NAEYC
Fax number
  • (401) 467-5673

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Providence