St. Rose of Lima School

Private | PK-8 | 236 students

Living in Warwick

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $160,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Sweep tile

Posted June 24, 2010

The teachers are remarkably well-credentialed and experienced. The Principal sets the curriculum for each grade well above public and other Catholic school standards. We are impressed with how the Principal responds with quick, fair action to issues. If Committees propose changes, they're implemented immediately. The Principal is open to and greets suggestions for change with thoughful yet swift action. Incredibly, any possible issue is anticipated and dispatched of before it becomes an issue: a prescient, efficient, forward-thinking leader who doesn't just give lip-service. This school runs like a top and has top-drawer academics: not simply Blind Opinion, we've compared St. Rose to other Catholic, public, and independent schools. St. Rose came out on top. Icing: there's a gym w/ b-ball court & stage (K-8 student productions of Beauty & the Beast & Snow White) and 2 large, brand-new grass playgrounds w/ cool, modern equipment promoting healthy activity. My children love it!

Posted May 10, 2010

My daughter started attending St. Rose of Lima this year. She has been challenged academically for the first time in years. The math curriculum is rigorous, and the reading program meets the needs of each individual child.

Posted March 31, 2009

I have been extremely happy with the elementary level through middle school. I am pleased to say that each year the teachers challenge the children more and more. The guided reading program in the early years (K-2) are wonderful as well as the writing and book reports and projects going on in the 4-5th grade years. The HSA is always active in the school and creates fun and interesting things for the families and staff to attend. (Santa's Breakfast, Easter Egg Hunt, Wine Tasting Evening and Golf Outings!) The student council does many things for the community esp. this week raising money for St. Rita's by having a soup dinner. The middle school program far exceeds the local public schools expectations in Mathematics. You can visibly see the drive and energy the teachers and students have together to make St. Rose such a special place.

Posted March 30, 2009

I am a parent of a 5th grade student at St. Rose of Lima and I have to say that every teacher has been approachable and easy to meet with if need be. The principal has been wonderful especially in making changes that benefit the school. She goes above and beyond the call of duty and works well with the staff on hand. My child started to come here in 1st grade and every year he looks forward to going back in August not only because he has misses his friends but has missed the teachers, staff and janitor!! It says a lot for a child who dreaded school and now has the love for learning! I am so pleased with the curriculum that St, Rose of Lima school has. Teachers go above and beyond to make sure the students understand the materials- Always thinking out of the BOX!

Posted March 30, 2009

I am so very proud to have a grandchild in St.Rose of Lima School. I find that the teachers and staff here are constantly striving to meet the needs of each individual child. The principal works very closely with the teachers to insure quality education. My family is pleased with the experience we have had here at St.Rose . My grandchild will definitely return in the fall .

Posted March 30, 2009

My child has attended St. Rose for 5 years and I have to say, I am always recommending and smiling when I think of this school. My child has grown so much with the help of the staff and principal. The teachers are always consistent and always working hard to meet the needs of the children! i could not be more proud to say my child is a part of the St. Rose community!

Posted March 30, 2009

We were fortunate enough to have our daughter attend St. Rose of Lima for 6 years. We recently relocated to a county in Northern Virginia that is rated in the top 10% of schools in the Nation. Our daughter's teacher informed us that she is right where she should be with academics and has blended in very well. I believe the teacher's comments were invaluable given it was an unbiased opinion. We believe the transition was easier due to the foundation St. Rose provided our daughter. The faculty, and parent support is fantastic!

Posted January 26, 2009

My daughter is in the Kindergarten program at St. Rose of Lima and I am very happy with the teachers, the curriculum, and the overall program of the school. She will be entering the first grade next year and I know that she is in the right school. It is a caring environment with a rigorous curriculum. My daughter is very happy there and we are very happy with the school.

Posted December 30, 2008

I strongly disagree with the previous review. The information the parent is working with is old and outdated. The principal is very flexible and has made great strides in improving the middle school program. She has hired a highly qualified math and science teacher who provides many hands on approaches to learning. The newly acquired Spanish teacher is very thorough in her teachings. As a parent with a student in the 7th grade, I can tell you that he is learning about verbs and constructing a proper Spanish sentence. The reading teacher is outstanding. Before one calls another person controlling, they should step back and watch the evolving changes. Whatever decisions that have been made have been done so for the betterment of the school and the students who attend. I have 2 children attending this school and I highly recommend it.

Posted September 17, 2008

Very good preK to 5th grade. Once the students reach the middle school years, the school is sorely lacking. The science program does not include any sort of hands on lab experience. Foreign language is limited to Spanish and it is a very limited instruction basically colors, numbers, very basic spoken instruction. No verb conjugations etc. The math program does not prepare students for high school. Unfortunately the principal is very controlling and unwilling to listen to input by parents. It is her way or no way in everthing which is sad be

Asian 8% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Providence