1, 6-8
West Warwick, RI

John F. Deering Middle School 5

Posted December 02, 2014
The administration from office staff to principal are top notch. I love this school! The chromebooks are a wonderful tool. We are a lucky town!

Posted October 31, 2014
The curriculum is one grade higher which is good, but aside from that, This is not a very good school. this school has a rude, and untrustworthy principal with many prejudices, and many of the staff members are tied in with those qualities, the school does not have a very good form of special education and I would not recommend ANYONE working in this public school or attending as a student. this school needs a new run of staff who are determined to give their students an education, and are accepting of anyone and everyone who may be attending.

Posted May 30, 2014
My daughter goes here and the teachers are horrible, all they do is whine about how "they don't have time" to do this or that for students but yet the English teacher let's them listen to an audio book while she plays on her phone. If my daughter does badly on a test she gets a chance to "revise" it every time. More for the teachers's benefit than the students I'm sure. The teachers at this school are lazy and only there for a paycheck. My daughter's handwriting, spelling and grammar are terrible due to the fact that it is not a "focus". I asked the teachers to email me weekly about my daughter's classwork and behavior and they said they didn't want to be obligated to do that unless I specifically emailed them first to ask. I grew up with teachers that really cared about their students and wanted to teach children more than the bare minimum and make a difference. The teachers at this school are nothing like that.

Posted August 05, 2013
Horrible school. Mostly due to do lazy administration. Principal, vice principal, and many (not all) teachers show little interest in the children as far as education and especially problems that can arise. I've had children in this school for the past 10 years, it's only gotten worse.

John F. Deering Middle School 5

Posted May 14, 2013
I have had several associations with Deering Middle School and I have found it to be extremely parent friendly school. The school administration does not insist on suspension as means to distribute retribution and rather the emphasis is to keep children in school as far as possible. They are highly innovative in using extended detention instead.There are several initiatives in place to ensure safe and congenial atmosphere.

John F. Deering Middle School 4

Posted May 26, 2011
My daughter is a new student this year and she absolutly loves Deering Middle School.The only reason I give 4 stars instead of 5 is because of her math teachers.She has two in one class and from what all the kids say and my daughter all they do is yell at them.I dont think this form of teaching is healthy for a student!Some of the things they have said and done I cant belive they are even teachers.If my daughter comes home with a bad grade(again)because she didnt understand the math problem and is too scared to say anything to the teachers isnt that what they are there for?Im suprised the school allows such teachers.

John F. Deering Middle School 4

Posted November 02, 2009
I've attended not only Deering but West Warwick Public Schools my entire life. I find the views below me to be rather negative and personally believe the more a students gets involved, the more they will get out of the school experience. I had no problems for the three years I attended Deering Middle School and found myself very prepared for High School. I have now gone onto college and am doing well there too. I'm sure everyone is different but I did enjoy my years attending this school and would recommend it. As for the future, I know the school is taking measures to improve and I'm interested to see where the school will be going in future years

John F. Deering Middle School

Posted July 17, 2008
My child goes to Deering Middle School in West Warwick,R.I., and I find the teachers worked very well with me to do what was best for my child. I'm new in the area, coming from Cranston, I was very concerned about the school system due to what some parents had told me. I was pleasantly surprised how well we worked together and the education my child received. Keep up the good work! I believe parents have to get more involved so they can see how dedicated the principal and teachers truly are.

John F. Deering Middle School 2

Posted October 03, 2007
West wariwick schools are of the lowest quality and this is probably due to the inability of the leadership at the top to be productive. With time and the right personel in the right places there is great hope for this district but until then i find it very unappealing and apethetic.

Posted October 24, 2005
I am very disapointed with the over all school system. My children where switched a month after school started from Coventry to West Warwick.The difference in the standards are horrific.I have found very little challenge or encouragement, much less enthusiasim for the students or their educatin. My daughter has no books,and very little to look forward to each day.She had been in a hands on science program in Coventry, but in West warwick there is barely even movment because the teacher is required to teach math as well. Fine in Elementary,but for preperation for High school and possiable college it proves to be a down fall for the students success.I don't knock the town,just the education our children are recieving.I wish I could afford to move to a better educatinal motivated town!Being a single parent that has been involved, it is very disheartening.Watching my child suffer hurts so much.

John F. Deering Middle School
2 Webster Knight Dr, West Warwick, RI  02893
Last modified John F. Deering Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 1, 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Deering Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top