No rating

St Joseph School

Private | PK-8

Living in West Warwick

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $145,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Posted August 26, 2014

St. Joseph in West Warwick is a lovely school with devoted principal, teachers, staff, students and parents.

Posted March 20, 2014

I am a parent of a student at St. Joe's. Let me begin by saying the teachers are phenomenal. Their expertise continues to amaze me. They are the gems of this truly unique school. Your child will receive an excellent rigorous education that far exceeds the tuition here. The students are given a classic education which includes religion and morality. There are a high percentage of involved stable families who send their children here. The athletic programs are also very good. There are many reasons to send your child here. The first and foremost reason is to keep Christ as the center of all that we do. I believe that is why so many people love this school and it has been in existence for many years. Do not hesitate to send your child to this school for a classic and well rounded education.

Posted September 17, 2013

St Joes is a great School, the teach respect, morals and strong values. My daughter started at age 3 with the preschool . I am proud to say she went onto LaSalle Academy and had just started her freshman year at Providence College. St Joeseph's was the foundation for her success. The teaches are committed to the students. We always felt part of a family there.

Posted June 29, 2013

As a former student of this school- I can tell you that this was a wonderful place to grow up as a student. (except for the nuns- but that was back in the 60's) St. Joe's always made me feel like family and I wish I never had to leave. Public schools are a nightmare and if I had a child- I would only send them here and then straight to prout or hendriken. (and then to BC) Public schools are a nightmare and filled with gangs and thugs. If you have children- please send them to catholic school- they will save your child from a life of thugs and low grades.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 20, 2011

St. Joseph School teaches good morals and values to our future leaders of America. Never have I known a more welcoming community with teachers who inspire their children to do their best. There are numerous activities for children to participate in, ranging from athletics to personal interest. St. Joseph School could be the best decisision you ever make for your child.

Posted March 1, 2010

As a long time teacher of St. Joseph School and a parent of two girls who attended St Joseph's, I am extremely pleased with the excellent foundation that they received. Both of my daughters went on to honors' classes in high school and were named Cranston's Finest. Both also received scholarships to college. I attribute this to the strong base of education they received at St. Joeph School. A dedicated, caring, loving and professional faculty and staff are all part of this great school. We are thankful for our pastor, Father Charles, who is a strong and everpresent leader. May God bless him!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 27, 2010

My child attended Saint Joes Pre k to grade 8. She is about to gradute from High School. Her foundation that she received from Saint Joes has enriched her life. The pastor is someone you can talk to.He is a down to earth person. The teachers and staff are there to help. They run alot of fundraisers to help with the cost such as a wonderful gift certificate program that gives you money back for buying groceries and things. Excellant program.

Posted February 26, 2010

I have had the privilege of being involved with St. Joseph School for the past five years. I am amazed every day how incredibly innovative and challenging the school is for it's students. The amazing support of the pastor and the dynamic leadership of the parents, staff and parish community are what makes St. Joseph the top rated school that it has become. ALL of the families and professionals involved in the education of our children work hand in hand with each other to create a warm, safe, nurturing, and rigorous school that ensures that our chidlren are prepared to become leaders in our world. Thanks to the strong commitment of our pastor we are growing and getting better every day.

Posted February 25, 2010

The tuition rate is one of the lowest in the state. It cost West Warwick $16,000 to educate one child in the public school systems. St. Joseph School can educate a child for 4,100! The children learn, so much even computers, spanish. The science and math is cutting edge our children learn at their own speed. A very large percentage of the children have gone on to attend Catholic High Schools. They are leaders, teachers, and doctors. The families here quickly became our best friends. The Teachers are long standing and a fresh face mix with tons of energy and ideas. They are here because they believe in the mission of St. Joseph School. WE LOVE THIS PLACE!

Posted February 22, 2010

I am a mother of two. One or both of my children have been going to this school for 6 years. I love it. The teachers are great and the St. Joseph school community is wonderful. I feel that you are allowed to be as involved as you want to be in your childrens education and in the schools activities. I love all the extra things the school does with and for the children.. Would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 22, 2010

Not only is this a fantasic school educationally but it is such a warm community. The church and school are hand and hand. The children learn computer and spanish on a full time basis. The PTG works so hard to make everyone feel welcome right from the start. I'm so glad we chose to switch to St. Joseph School.

Posted November 6, 2009

Makes my children reach to achieve goals, along with establishing great morals.

Posted November 5, 2009

Great education, morals and values, great teachers. I love the fact that this school not only gives my child a great education but also teaches her to give back to her community and to others. I love the fact that my child is somewhat bilingual which is so important in todays world. After graduation the teachers still want to know how children our doing and how well they are excelling. This has been a great decision to keep my child here.

Posted November 4, 2009

The teachers, community and all the extras!!!

Posted November 4, 2009

St. Joseph School is the best school! the teachers and staff care very much about about children as well as their grades and are commited to help then become the best they can be!

Posted November 4, 2009

I went to St. Joseph's School from pre-k-8th grade.. and it was the best decision my parents ever made! I hope that St. Joseph School with still be around when I have children of my own!

Posted November 4, 2009

Best education, moral values, great teachers, and the list could go on. This school strives to get children not only to reach their goals but to surpass them in both academics and values. I am proud to be apart of it and can tell you that my child is advanced in all subjects when compared to the majority in the country. Also, she is just about bilingual in two languages. St. Joseph's prepares our children for a successful future, a truly wonderful accomplishment!!

Posted November 3, 2009

It a wonderful school with a warm, friendly community.

Posted November 30, 2008

My son is a second grader at St. Joseph's School. He is receiving the best education along with stong morals and values. Not even to mention the spiritual values of a Catholic School. I feel that the entire environment of St Joseph's is a 'family'. Smaller classrooms, one on one interaction, teachers that truly care about my son. How many parents can say that they have their childs teachers cell phone number??

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Providence

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

850 Wakefield Street