Woonsocket High School 1

Posted December 27, 2011
I went to woonsocket middle school for three years and woonsocket highschool for one. I hated my whole woonsocket school experience, I had some close friends, but I got picked on by A LOT of the students there. Plus, the teachers have a lot of kids in their classrooms and they can't pay attention to all of them individually.

Woonsocket High School 1

Posted November 17, 2011
There are a few great teachers in this school, but a few is not enough to make a great school. The amount of homework and the length of assignments given to the students are ridiculous and not fair for a high school student. "College Prep" students are receiving harder and lengthier work than the "Honor" and "AP" students. The recent change back to a Period system instead of a block schedule has also set this school even further behind. Students are now crammed with so much info in one day that there is no way they will be able to retain it properly. The school has went backwards in terms of advancement for the education of the youth. I won't even mention the school's participation in the NECAP.

Woonsocket High School 3

Posted October 28, 2011
This year's high school football team was mentioned on a USA forum as being named the worst HS football team in the country for 2011.

Woonsocket High School 2

Posted April 12, 2009
I am a junior i WHS. Most teachers are extremely deticated to their students and more than helpful. The problem with this school is the stupid tardy and attendence policys! you only get four days to be absent in a quarter and if your late you have to miss a whole class .. Even if it is just one minute that your late. And if your absent 5 times in a quarter you get 10 points takin off your average. I hate that about this schooooooooooooool

Posted October 02, 2007
I am a senior at Woonsocket High School. I've been here for four years, and I absolutely love it! We have one of the highest ranked music departments in the area, our sports teams are competitive and fun, and students here get a quality education. The teachers here truly care about their students, and they go above and beyond their required work to help the students. Sure there are occasional fights and such, but what school doesn't have them? If you're not ignorant, and you mind your own business you're completely fine.

Woonsocket High School 3

Posted August 28, 2007

Woonsocket High School 0

Posted July 09, 2007
I am a current 9th grader , and this school is terrible. There are so many gang related fights. And its a hidious school with all its horrible traits, Dont go there

Posted September 21, 2004
The school is definatly a great school. They have a large diverse student population. The only downside that I've seen so far is the Lunch staff. If your child doesn't know their I.D. number the lunch staff calls them stupid. I wouldn't recommend letting your child buy lunch there.

Woonsocket High School 5

Posted September 09, 2004
I'm a transfer student from the Cumberland system. I'm taking Automotive at the Career Center. Woonsocket is a great school. The teachers are great and actually seem to like the students they teach. They support us and help us as much as they can, not to mention everything actually works properly. I haven't met all the teachers I'll have this year, but I've heard good things about them all.

Posted July 27, 2004
I have only been involved with WHS since the beginning of school year 2003-2004. This school has done wonders with my son. He prior school actually told him he was stupid and shouldn't look forward to much from his life. Wrong. WHS has helped my son realize he is not stupid and he has a lot to offer. He now carries a B average in school. He is happier than I thought he would be and he will graduate from high school to receive his diploma. I say kudos to WHS for digging in their heels to provide all these children what ever resources necessary to help them become success no matter what that would be.

Woonsocket High School
777 Cass Ave, Woonsocket, RI  02895
Last modified Woonsocket High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woonsocket High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top