Woonsocket, RI
Students enrolled: 1,258

Posted March 14, 2011
As someone said before me, its not the teachers the problem, its the students and they are not being respectfull with the teachers. My daughter loves the school but not the other students, she does not feel respect here, thats why we are moving back to MA.

Woonsocket Middle School 3

Posted August 10, 2009
This school is not that bad.Most of the teachers are good.The problem is not with the teachers but the students.There are a few bad teachers but overall the students don't behave well.They talk back to the teachers and cause a lot of trouble.And it is not the fault of the parents because they can't sit with their children all day at school seeing how they act.They can only talk to them at home and hope theyb listen to them.

Posted May 09, 2009
This is the worst school ever! I am moving back to mass to save my child from this place. It has been nothing but a constant battle with everything. I am deeply upset with the way my child has been treated by poor faculty and staff.

Posted February 10, 2009
this school is boring it leads to the lack of respect and the teachers don't repect sometimes i dont reccemend this school

Woonsocket Middle School 5

Posted December 12, 2008
I am a proud parent of a student who attends wms. My son is in his third year and overall his experience has been great. The problem is not the Staff, Teachers or Admin, it is the kids. When kids are taught to go to school to do their job which is to learn and mind their business and keep to themselves, they would not have any trouble. This building is the largest middle school in RI, and it is being handled in the best ways possible. It is not an easy job but there are many within the walls of the building who do their best to assist the students in their education and to get them ready for their lives ahead. If the parents need to come together with the teachers , counselors and Admin.This school is much better than people make it out to be!!!!

Posted March 26, 2008
This is my daughters first year at this school and I am already looking to put her in a different school for the next school year. I do not recommend this school

Posted October 12, 2007
My son is on his second year here and overall the school is pretty good. The teachers are caring and do what they can to teach the ones that are willing to be taught. I feel that most of the parents aren't doing their part at home to properly prepare their children for school, especially in the discipline area. The teachers are there to educate our children..not to babysit. The lack of respect these students have for their teachers directly reflects on the parents.

Posted September 27, 2007
This is our 2nd year at WMS. I've been hugely impressed by the leadership, faculty and staff. Their effort and dedication as left me amazed. I've always found the administration and teachers friendly, available, and willing to go the extra mile. There is an extraordinary lack of parent involvement; despite well publicized opportunities and the, apparently, numerous complaints. In my opinion, there are tremendous opportunities in extracurricular and after school activities as well; for those students and parents choosing to take advantage of them. The academics, again in my opinion, do suffer. I don't feel my son has been challenged in this area at all. The school, as well as individual teachers (and my own efforts at home, on occasion) have provided him with some excellent resources and experiences. The educational difficulties, and the discipline issues, seem due to the size and diversity of the school's population. This continues to improve.

Posted September 17, 2007
My daughter recieved high honors during all 3 years at the WMS, and my overall experience with them is a positive one. Whenever there was a problem (no school is perfect), the staff was very eager to work with me on it and were able to resolve it in a timely manner. The biggest problem that the school has is the lack of discipline that parents enforce on their own children. They allow their children to speak to teachers as they would their classmates. Then when the teachers fail to teach the children, they fault the teachers. The 'area' is not a bad one, as I've lived in the neighborhood of the school for 10 years and have only seen 2 fights on the street during that timeframe...police regularly monitor the streets around the school to keep them safe. The traffic is an issue and parent/teacher conferences is handled poorly.

Posted August 23, 2007
I think that this has to be the worst school I have ever heard of. The teachers try their hardest but a majority of the students do not. It is very sad the professionalism that the teachers are capable of showing but can't because of the students.

60 Florence Dr, Woonsocket, RI  02895
Last modified Woonsocket Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woonsocket Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top