No rating

Mead Hall Episcopal School

Private | PK-8 | 204 students

Living in Aiken

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $129,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $610.

Posted October 13, 2013

Mead Hall "took over" our school, Aiken Preparatory School in 2012. As Aiken Prep had not been a religious school, having MH come in and force their religion upon these newly acquired AP students was disconcerting. My daughter's 11th grade year, I took her out of school for lunch on the weekly chapel day, as my email requests for her to stay in study hall during this time were ignored.. At the end of that year, right after my daughter was inducted into the National Honor Society, we were called into the Head of School's office and informed that if she didn't go to chapel her senior year, they would expel her. SHE WAS THE VALEDICTORIAN. This school shows no respect for their students beliefs if they were not the same as their own. They were perfectly willing to destroy my daughter's future, in an effort to force her to go to their chapel every week. She is now finishing HS online & taking college classes. Sadly will not graduate with her friends of the past 6 years. :(

Posted June 10, 2011

This is truly a wonderful school. The teachers and staff know each student. They do a wonderful job of preparing the students for college. The head of the high school somehow manages to show the students, respect, discipline and warmth. She is a wonderful example to the high school students. I am so pleased that my child had the opportunity to attend this wonderful institution.

Posted March 23, 2011

We moved here from another state last year. I was worried that I not only uprooted my children from the only home they had ever known but that I was looking at putting them in some stuffy elitist school. I was so wrong! The teachers, and the staff are so down to earth, kind and dedicated to teaching the children. They believe in disipline but not in belittling . Academics are strong and so are traditions. My children are thriving and we couldn't be happier. The only reason I gave parent involvement a 3 is (as in most schools) a few do most of the work. However I have been involved in a lot of things in the last year and all parents have been friendly and fun to work with. This school is a very special place.

Posted December 28, 2008

Aiken Prep is a wonderful school. It is a second home to our family. There are so many opportunities available to students of AIken Prep that you just cannot find at other schools. Our children began Aiken Prep in 4K and we have every intention that they will graduate from AIken Prep.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAIS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious