Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I'm a former student. I was told there was a "no bullying policy " I saw the commercial and fell in love. I went there and I got bullied the 2nd day. When I reported it was not handled at all in fact the same students was doing it. They'll make your child practice a full day of school for a play. Normal schools do it after school. All the teachers do is gossip and pick favorites. If you don't want your child to go through this please pick another school. I should've looked at these reviews before I went.

I LOVE this school!!! If you are looking for a small environment with a staff who will truly care about your child, this is the school for you. The students are exposed to various forms of performing arts and fully participate in several productions each year. The students are provided a well rounded education and a high school experience that prepares them for college. I would encourage you to check out the graduation statistics and see how many of the graduates end up going to college. I would also add that I love charter schools because they have the ability to rid a class of bad teachers expeditiously.

My child is new to the school this year. We decided to enroll him after encountering problems at the bigger traditional schools. My husband and I were impressed with the school's high Report Card rating on the State Department of Education's website. We also noted the school has received several Palmetto Gold Awards for Excellence. Still, we were a little skeptical at first and went on the school tour and met with the Administrative staff before making our decision to enroll. So far, we have been very satisfied with our choice. Our child enjoys going to school each day and the teachers are always available. We now recommend this school to everyone.

Quite possibly the worst excuse for a school in all of the CSRA. Students receive no discipline, many of the teachers are not state certified, and I can tell you from experience, they fire a teacher at least every other month. It's not a stable environment for the children. The curriculum is pitiful. My daughter would come home from school everyday and tell me that her class sat for 45 minutes talking with the teacher about the new rapper or something like that, instead of learning. The kid's grades show it. They learn nothing and then they take the state test and do awful. Please, if you want your child to have a future, don't send them here.

Wow, I am a parent and after reading the bitter comments below I am shocked. The Aiken Performing Arts Academy has received three Palmetto Gold Awards from the State Department of Education. That rating is based in part on student standardized tests scored by the State, teacher certification, student graduation rates, etc. I have always found the staff to be very concerned with my children's education. They are always fair even when disgruntled parents have tried to bully staff and teachers in order to get their way. Charter school is all about choice. I choose to send my children to an award winning school where people with long standing careers in the School District educate them with care. It's a GREAT school!

If I could give this school negative stars, I would. It is a family run business. If they have an argument with a teacher, they fire said teacher instead of working it out like adults. They have a framed portrait of Obama in the conference room, even though you're not supposed to include politics in school. I am a freshman in college, and if I had not escaped this horrible school, I probably would not be in college. This school does nothing to prepare you for the real world. There is no discipline. Please, do not consider this school if you want your child to have a shot at life.

The students at this school are not receiving an education. They do not require any of the teachers to be state certified and do not have a qualified guidance counselor handling grades. Furthermore, administration has access to all the teachers grade and attendance records and often changes these to make it appear as if students are passing, learning, or in attendance when they are actually not. The fundraising money does not go to the teachers for education-enhancing supplies. There is no discipline system, and students are aware of this and take advantage of it. There have been many bullying incidents that were not handled properly or at all. This school accepts students who's only other choice is alternative school. Parents are not allowed to sit in on classes or visit campus at all without approval and accompaniment of administration. You may NOT observe your child in class! If you want your child to be in a safe and educational environment, this school is not for you.

Performing arts academy in name only. Performances are created in-house and are usually hard to follow or understand. Additionally, students graduate totally unprepared academically for college. Don't stake your child's future on an "education" from this school

This school may seem to be everything a parent would want for their children but inside those four walls are a bunch of childish ways and unworthy staff. This school lacks that certain kind of educational needs and lacks the enthusiasm and emotional support students need to be the best they can be. If you want my opinion then run. Run as far and as fast as you can. And don't look back.

Last modified Aiken Performing Arts Academy Charter is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.