Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers have no communication with parents and promote retention as a first case resort rather than a last case resort.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework grades are not included in their overall grades. It is just test based, which puts more stress on smaller kids that may be struggling.

If your child is shy or quiet, DO NOT send them here. My daughter is in 2nd grade and from the first meeting in Kindergarten, retention has been brought up non stop. Shy and/or quiet is brought up every single time. The teachers have 0 communication with the parents. You get 4x as many flyers about fundraising then you do about your child's school progress. We have heard the same thing from many parents. A great school, in my opinion, is not how it does with the 80%, but how it deals with the 20% that learn differently. Her teacher told us, "I want to help more, but I'm just too busy." This school has so far been a horrible experience for us.

This school has a warm and welcoming staff from the custodian to the teachers, aides and principal. We couldn't be happier with our experience at Chukker Creek. Our daughter is challenged, nurtured and supported in a bright, clean school by professional and friendly teachers, administrators and staff.

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter's in first grade and the amount of homework does not interfere with our time spent together in the evenings. However, It is challenging and literacy-focused, which seems appropriate for her age/grade level.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Chukker Creek is all about developing the character of its students. Students have a Character Creed that they recite each day. Character is modeled by their teachers and staff and positive behavior is rewarded among students.

TERRIBLE SCHOOL. My child was bullied and when I spoke with the teacher about this,.. she said, " I can't just undo 6 years of bad behavior... there is nothing I can do..." The school has teachers who do not love teaching nor helping kids.

My son attended a failing school in the area last year and was really struggling there so we enrolled him in Chukker Creek. We love the difference it has made in his school work. The environment is more laid-back than the other school. I was so amazed to see the teacher, principal, and all the staff work together when my child was having a difficult time adjusting to the new environment. My first grader said that he loves the school because he can play more, he has more fun, and there are no bad kids. We are so happy with the choice we made to change schools.

I love how clean it is, how happy the children seem, how dedicated the teachers are, and how much I've see my daughter grow and blossom being a student there!

Awesome! We moved here for this school and it is the best in South Carolina.. We love Chukker Creeek. They also have a great office staff. Makes you feel athome.

Last modified Chukker Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.