Posted February 06, 2014
I attended Aiken Elementary as a child. When it came time for my own child to attend school, we made sure we were zoned for Aiken El. Things have changed drastically. We gave the teachers and administration multiple chances to challenge our child and to answer our concerns. Administrators especially only seemed to care that children were following the strict rules--who gave a darn about their education. Any attempts to encourage challenging my child were met with confusion. "Why do you care so much? Your child is ahead!" Yes, and I'd like my child to STAY ahead, thanks very much. There were multiple behavior problems in the classroom, including 6 year olds dropping the F bomb, hitting teachers, throwing objects, and receiving little to no punishment. Teacher quality is hit or miss. I saw many instances where teachers behaved with little concern for professionalism. One particular incident was a kindergarten teacher screaming at a parent in car line who's child was mistakenly put on a bus: "Move on! It ain't like she's even here!" I ended up pulling my child out after the Christmas break. We are very happy in our new school.

Aiken Elementary School 3

Posted June 12, 2013
Aiken El had gone down since the new principal. Everyone complained about Cagle.. now with her being retired, this Becky lady is a mess. ALL parents and TEACHERS now miss the water since the well hasd run dry. Becky blows parents off, doesn't make teachers produce lesson plans or upload fusion pages.She tols a preant that lesson plans aren't fro parents to look at .. really well check out Hammon Hill website ALL grades have lesson plans posted from day one until the lst day of school. Aiken El is not what it use to be.. sorry leadership . They always say students can learn from each other.. AIken El need to learn from Hammond Hill.. ONE OF THE top schools in SC

Posted July 18, 2011
Aiken Elementary LEAVES children BEHIND!! Was new to the area- heard that this was one of the best schools in the area. NOT!! It has a very RIGID environment, NOT WELCOMING or caring at all!! If your child needs any special or extra help with anything... GOOD LUCK getting it!! They will just be LEFT BEHIND to FAIL- and you will NOT HEAR ANYTHING from the teachers until you see it on the report card. Don't bother asking to talk to the principal- apparenlty she doesn't deal with parents! Seriously??!!! And the asst. principal is a waste of breathable airspace!! Sure they have some awards- as long as you don't expect much and don't care to be involved- and as long as your child fits in to their "normal" standards- you'll do just fine. The best care/concern my child received was when she had a poison ivy rash and went to the nurse's office!

Posted October 10, 2008

Aiken Elementary School 0

Posted May 15, 2008
Mrs. Cagle is a poor leader. The teachers compete instead of working as a team. There is a bullying problem. The teachers don't monitor the playground at recess and there are many fights. The school is overcrowded. Mrs. Bishop (office staff) is rude and not welcoming.

Aiken Elementary School 2

Posted October 20, 2006
We do not recommend Aiken Elementary due to the poor quality of leadership.

Aiken Elementary School 5

Posted June 10, 2006
We have experienced every grade at Aiken El. with three of our four children. This is a well run school that provides an excellent education for children. My daughters have loved each teacher and it has been a great experience to work alongside these teachers in the education of my children. I feel that Aiken Elementary deserves an A+ for a job well done.

Aiken Elementary School 4

Posted March 23, 2006
My child attended Aiken Elementary for the kindergarten and first grade years and learned so much. The environment at that level was enriching, inviting, and stimulating. The teachers at all levels were delightful. However, the overall climate of the administration of the school was not welcoming to special needs or learning disabled children. I could not continue sending my child there, knowing that in the future, my child would not perform well on standardized testing.

Aiken Elementary School 5

Posted February 19, 2005
Aiken Elementary has dedicated teachers with a highly motivated principal. Expectations are set high and teachers/students are expected to achieve. No Child Left Behind started way before President Bush at Aiken Elementary and the current climate in South Carolina Legislature is going to really hurt the public schools.

Aiken Elementary School 2

Posted November 27, 2004
- a former student
i personally loved aiken el. before the new principal ms. cagle came there. the atmosphere there is not like it used to be( before she got there.)

Aiken Elementary School
2050 Pinelog Rd, Aiken, SC  29803
Last modified Aiken Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aiken Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top