Bad
Good

As a graduate of the school and someone who has been in the classrooms there and in other parts of the state, I am truly baffled by some of the earlier reviews. South Aiken better prepares its graduates than the vast majority of schools in the state and consistently outperforms other district schools academically. The administration is consistent and (almost always) fair, and all but only a couple of teachers are top quality. The so called "community rating" seen here is a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

With the number of students that graduate at South Aiken High School, I would say someone is doing something right. Those students, or former students, who want to complain could be the source of some of the school's problems. Look inside yourself and see if there is something you can do for the school, not expect the school to do for you. You get out of something what you put into it. There are students who have graduated and gone onto colleges that are top in the nation. These are the ones that didn't complain but did what they could to better themselves. South Aiken High School is a great school. Stand up for your school and help support it!

I attend this school currently and I just have to say that South Aiken is by far one of the worst schools I have seen. The teachers can't control their classrooms. The administrators neglect to enforce some rules and when they do enforce them its only on a few students out of the vast majority that are actually breaking the rule. One example being the sleeve rule at South Aiken. Also the school board would rather punish students over solving the issue. But above everything else the classes that are offered we don't meet the standards for. So as I have proved in this review South Aiken High School is an unsatisfactory school. Do not send your children here.

i attended this school for a short while as a transfer student. i transferred from NJ and i must say this school is terrible. they did not work with me what so ever with anything i needed. i decided to drop out because it just wasnt working. i dont recomend this school for anyone.

I attend South Aiken High. And there are a select few teachers that teach advanced classes, but all they do is give us the material and they dont even go over the stuff. so how are we supposed to learn anything to prepare us for college if we have teachers that dont do their job. South Aiken needs to improve alot. I will be moving to Aiken High next year to improve my grades because South Aiken isn't cutting it.

We don't even offer IB or upper level classes which should tell you something. We need to stop worrying about 'how' much money we have or how much more 'new' stuff we can have than Aiken High and start worrying about our kids grades. We want them to be better than us right?

Last modified South Aiken High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.