Posted March 05, 2015
Since the redistricting, this is easily the best elementary school in District 5. Forget whatever was said about this school before the redistricting, there is no comparison now that everything is equal. The staff at Whitehall spent years working hard just to get back to decent, but now that they have more to work with, their continued effort really makes them the stand-out in this area. They simply know how to do more with less and put forth an effort that the other schools simply can't compete with. The attention our children get is excellent, the programs/initiatives are right on the money, and the education is right where we want it to be. Given a choice between Whitehall and any of the other schools in this district, I wouldn't hesitate to choose Whitehall for their work-ethic and dedication to well-rounded education for all.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 06, 2014
Whitehall Elementary has spent the last couple of years evolving into a powerhouse Title I school and magnet school for a good reason: It increasingly excels in assisting under-performing students while still challenging the children ahead of the curve. In an area where socioeconomic conditions and single parent households can make it hard on some students, Whitehall offers a number of programs and help where it is needed to compensate for the disadvantages. Under Principle Tonna Marroni we've watched the school develop their reading and cultural programs; expanding on their core communication school strength. Long gone are the days where the top three skills required by the job market are reading, writing, and arithmetic. Whitehall has realized this and focuses their efforts on teaching the fundamentals through teamwork, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. We were proud to send our son through Whitehall Elementary and would highly recommend it now over the other schools in the area.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 02, 2014
We moved our daughter to Whitehall at the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year after the redistricting killed Concord Elementary's reign of privileged kids. Where Concord is now struggling, Whitehall is thriving. I don't think the redistricting hurt them at all -- they seem used to the mix of kids they have. Consequently, they really know how to cater to kids who have problems at home or who's families are a bit tighter with money without holding back (or unfairly singling out) those kids without those problems. Our daughter really thrived this year, more than she ever did at Concord. We could not be happier that we made the switch and expect to see more of her ex-classmates from Concord trying to make the switch next year.

Posted November 26, 2012
Whitehall is an amazing school! The teachers and staff love and support the children in there caqre. They go above and beyond in trying to help students who are struggling in any subject and try to challege the ones who are above grade level.

Posted August 20, 2012
I love Whitehall, love the teachers and love the principal. My daughter has found it to be a very nurturing environment where the teachers care, and we have been amazed at all she has learned. We have been active in the school and seen how many teachers have handled many different situations and have always come away impressed. The principal is wonderful with the kids and cares deeply about each of them. The PTA leadership work tirelessly and extend themselves way beyond the call of duty. If we ever move to a different neighborhood, we would still want our children to attend Whitehall. Only complaint is the dirt by the backyard playground is pretty messy and should be refurbished with sand or something.

Posted November 17, 2011
This school really does not support their students. The teachers at as if they are just punching a time clock and could care less about how your child is doing.The principal is worse than the teachers. When I tried to voice my concerns he and all of his staff tried to get the responsibility off of them and blamed everything on my son . They did not want to be held accountable for their actions. This school needs to be restaffed or closed. My son is there now and I am currently trying my hardest to move to another school zone.

Posted March 09, 2010
This school does not really support their students, at least mine they did not. My student was not doing well in reading, I asked for him to be tested and they told me they do not test for learning disibilities like reading.

Posted December 21, 2008

Posted June 21, 2007
I'll make it short and sweet. If you care about your child's education you will move to another school zone. The teachers and especially the principal did not care about challanging my child since she was 'meeting the standard'.

Whitehall Elementary School 3

Posted March 07, 2006
I feel the teachers have been educated enough to efficientlt teach the students. (1st grade class). Wouldn't hurt to have an updated play ground for the kids though. My child seems to really enjoy the school.

Whitehall Elementary School
702 Whitehall Rd, Anderson, SC  29625
Last modified Whitehall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitehall Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top