PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I was a student at the Montessori School through Middle School, and while I can't rave enough about the Infant Toddler, Primary, and Lower Elementary Classes, I found Upper Elementary to be completely useless. Below Upper El I would give this school 5 stars, but once in Upper El I feel as though my education halted. I found Upper El to be 3 years of my life wasted, as I left Lower El and was tossed into Upper El, the change was terrifying and nothing was put into place to soften it. You go from using the classic Montessori materials and the best teachers around to using textbooks and, to be honest, having some of the worst teachers I have ever had. I spent much of my years in that classroom waiting to get out, due to the shabby teaching and the horrible environment I still feel the affects and gaps in my education even today. So while I give the lower grades in this school 5 stats the rest of this school is terrible, but I do recommend the Middle School which is a hundred times better than the Upper Elementary.

We have three children here. I have taught myself in both private and public schools, and always thought that I would have to build my own school in order to create the ideal education for my old children. BUT ! There is nothing that I could do better than the Montessori School of Anderson. They are impressive at every level, and I cannot think of even one critical comment I could make. Friends would laugh to hear me say that as I have a tendency to be very critical when it comes to schools. I love the other parents here too. There is no rich kids atmosphere. The parents are down to earth and interested in helping their children have interesting lives where they can find their life purpose and live it. This school teaches the good manners and good consideration of all of humanity. Just the best school !

Although pricey, this is a true instance of 'you get what you pay for.' Low sudent teacher ratios, low employee turnover, interactive, stimulating toys & curricula that are age-appropriate (without all the blinking lights and noise) and a wonderful Motessori hum in the background (intertwined with classical music). Our children have enjoyed and learned so much from the infant/toddler program all the way up through the Upper Elementary. We highly recommend the Montessori School of Anderson.

We have had a child in the toddler class and loved it. (We would have given the primary department of the school 5 stars!) we have had a child in one of the lower elementary classes and pulled that child due to a lack of learning. From our observation (and we have had prior montessori school experiences that were wonderful), the lower elementary class is no more than a public education in a 'montessori' setting at private school prices. This is not a class taught using montessori principles!

Last modified Montessori School of Anderson is a Private school that serves grades PK-12