Mccants Middle School 4

Posted May 16, 2011
I was both a teacher and a parent of children in this school. I agree with some of the comments from parents. In short, McCants is the best school for bright, creative, hard working students. If your child is not willing to apply himself...select Lakeside! Lakeside or Southwood caters to making parents happy and keeping students happy--thus their higher rating. Overall...McCants has high academic standards and does leave many behind!

Mccants Middle School 3

Posted December 10, 2010
We just recently moved to the Anderson area. I chose this school for my 8th grade son based on the ratings from this website. Imagine my horror to discover that there are teachers that allow students to sleep during class. Even teachers in the honors classes have challenges. Please rethink your rating for this school.

Posted January 08, 2009
I am a senior at TLH and attended McCants. Honestly, sometimes it can't be blamed on the teacher. Middle school is a lot harder for the smart elementary students and sometimes it is a wake up call, and not entirely the teachers fault. I am also a Teacher Cadet and recently finished my internship at McCants, and know there is nowhere near 40 students in any class. There were 26 students in my class. Maybe I was just with an excellent teacher, but the students were not afraid to ask questions and she would always answer them. As a former student, older sister to a current sixth grader, and a future teacher, I can say with confidence that McCants is doing an excellent job with what they have.

Mccants Middle School 5

Posted July 16, 2008

Posted September 02, 2007

Posted August 15, 2007
4 star school. Great teachers. Great location. Nice Students.

Mccants Middle School 3

Posted April 28, 2006

Posted March 11, 2006
I also agree with the 'Falling through the cracks'. My child is not in honors classes. Always made straight A's in the past and has now made some C's. Teachers are unresponsive to your questions or requests for help. The child is afraid to ask questions in class because the teachers seem to think once through something is enough. Very disappointed with the quality.

Posted February 08, 2005
I have a child who attends this school and am also very disapointed at how he has 'fallen thru the cracks'. When he started at McCants two years ago, he was a honor roll student and has gone downhill since. I know that the school boast a 15:1 student/teacher ratio, but there are 35-40 students in all four of his major academic classes. The staff needs to be more aware of these students who need help and don't know how to ask. The communication between teachers and parents is really a joke. This needs to be addressed.

Posted October 20, 2004
My child attends McCants --- I am very disappointed with the performance of this school. I am so disappointed, that I cant even think of the words right now. There's nothing more to say that I am really disappointed in this school.

Mccants Middle School
2123 Marchbanks Ave, Anderson, SC  29621
Last modified Mccants Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccants Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top