No rating

Anderson Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 209 students

We are best known for quality academics.

Living in Anderson

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $145,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted October 4, 2012

I currently have a 5th grader and an 8th grader at ACS. We moved our kids to ACS from another area private school because we felt that they were not receiving the education nor real-world training they needed. I am happy to say that we could not be happier with ACS. The principal is very involved with the students and has her own children there. ACS is large enough to have sports programs and other extracurricular activities but still small enough to give my children the personal attention I like for them to receive. If you are looking for a quality education for your child in a Christian environment, I would highly recommend ACS.

Posted September 26, 2012

As a parent, i have children who have participated in Public, Home School and Private School. Our experience at the Private School level has been with two different organizations in Anderson. Anderson Christian School has proved to be an outstanding organization that provides very high level of education with a strong Christian emphasis and an active social culture for student development. my child is currently in high school, participating in various sports, in Beta Club and involved in student government. The teachers are loving, encouraging and disciplined. i am very excited for what ACS provides and where it is headed in the years to come.

Posted March 22, 2011

My children have attended Anderson Christian School for several years. I think they are receiving a high quality academic education because their standardized test scores are very high compared to the National averages. Based on conversations with some of my friends who have kids in public schools, my kids are getting a great education. Their teachers are very good, and they are dedicated and mature Christians. My friends kids at the public schools have a lot of substitute teachers, and feel like it really hurts their learning. My wife and I have also made a lot of friends at the school because it has a great family atmosphere. We are extremely pleased with the academics, athletics, teachers, staff and other students at ACS. It is not perfect, but no school is. I would highly recommend Anderson Christian for a quality college prep school.

Posted October 29, 2010

My wife and I wanted an education that presented education with and from a Biblical Worldview. We began our journey with Anderson Christian School in 1990 and with 4 children and 20 continuous years later we will graduate #4 in May 2011. The question is, "Would we do it again"?, and the answer would be YES. We have watched our children and other children grow in the Lord year after year. No School is perfect because there are no perfect people however, ACS has always promoted the Matthew 18:15 Principle which is designed to bring unity between Christian brothers and sisters and I have appreciated that principle. Graduation will be difficult because our journey will have come to an end, however if you are looking and seeking God's direction in your life.....Give Them A Call. May Your Journey Be As Wonderful as ours has been....20 years later! :)

Posted March 25, 2010

Very disappointing. I heard great things and my child attended ACS for middle school. All through elementary he tested well above the national average in all subjects. But upon going to public high school after two years at ACS, she is now below average and is required to take remedial courses. Bible is the only subject covered strongly. I also had an elementary student who made straight A's at ACS but now is struggling in her new school because she doesn't have the foundation needed, isn't used to doing homework and considers it hard although she is very capable. The school is probably well suited for children who are picked on or have learning problems because of the christian environment. There is parental involvement and the children are sweet.

Posted February 2, 2010

My son has been attending ACS since the 9th grade. We went the publich school route when he first started school in kindergarten. I wish everyday that we would have known about ACS when he first stared school. He is now a senior at ACS and has loved all of his 4 years at the school . The staff is wonderful and they truly care about the children. The students that go to ACS are the best children - young adults that I have ever been around. My son dreaded school everyday when he was in public school. He loves school and has made life long friends at ACS.

Posted November 10, 2009

Quite simply the best school Anderson, SC has to offer - but, beyond that, the kids are treated like people by everybody they are in contact with at the school. Though the turnover rate in teachers causes some issues at time, all the teachers there are not only great educators, but wonderful mentors to all of the kids. My rating lost a star, because of the teacher turnover they seem to have every year (predominantly in the Sciences, and often for more political reasons it seems). Otherwise: Five stars and a great school!

Posted April 9, 2009

I have had four students to graduate from Anderson Christian School. They have been accepted at Presbyterian College, Samford University, University of Georgia and Wofford College. This speaks volumes for the quality of education my children received from Anderson Christian School.

Posted March 15, 2009

I met so many awesome people! The education was amazing! I learned so much in my sixth grade year!!! This is the best school I have ever been to!!! I am so grateful I was able to go there!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 18, 2009

This is our first year at ACS. My children attended another Christian school in Anderson before ACS and there is absolutely no comparison. The teachers and staff are amazing. The love they feel for the children comes shining through in all that they do. The teachers are much more qualified at ACS than OCS and it is very evident. My children have never been happier. My high scool student has been afforded more opportunities for extracurricular activities. ACS also has honors classes that were not offered at OCS. If anyone reading this is interested in a quality Christian education I encourage you to consider ACS.

Posted December 15, 2008

I have 4 children at this school and have had as many as 5. My oldest has since been accepted to Wofford College and is doing very well . I credit her success to her 9 years at ACS. This is the best investment you will ever make. It won't go down in value like the stock market and always gives eat returns year after year!!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 27, 2008

My kids went from being mediocre students to all A honor roll students at ACS - definitely the best school in town.

Posted April 2, 2008

I have two children that have been at ACS for 6 years and have already enrolled my 2 year for K3 in the fall! We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE ACS!!! As a parent, I thank God everyday for the encouragement and love that my children are shown each day. The teachers at ACS are definately God sent and become a very special part of each child's life. They know exactly how to reach in and find the best in the children and the true love and compassion that they express for each child is indescrible. The children thrive in this environment! ACS is incredible for students and parents alike.

Posted September 12, 2007

My son attended ACS for three years and we recently had to move out of state. After being at ACS no other school can measure up. ACS is a wonderful, loving environment,

Posted July 24, 2007

Absolutely the best school in town! We have been there 9 years and are just so grateful God has blessed us with wonderful teachers and staff who love our kids and provide the best education. The elementary is so far beyond all the public schools. The kindergartners all can read before they start 1 grade. Great sports program that is continuing to grow. Super art teacher- unbelievable art work from the students! Lots of parent participation. Come join us!

Posted October 29, 2006

Great Christian School! Non-denominational, Christian based, a very friendly and warm hearted school with teachers that really care. Great sports teams like soccer, basketball, cheerleading, golf, softball for junior and senior high students. Even offers art and computer lab classes. My 14 year old loves it!

Posted April 28, 2006

This school totally rocks! My daughter is in Pre-K3 and has enjoyed it very much. The staff is incredible! My daughter used to be very shy and has come completely out of her shell since attending. The teachers are compassionate and provide a loving environment which makes education fun! Thank you Anderson Christian School!

Posted February 2, 2006

My child has gone to ACS for 2 years . ACS is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best without being labeled as the smart or dumb kids. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal is kind and knows each child by name. He is a great example of a leader. Thank you ACS for bringing out the best in my child and giving her the encouragement and confidence she needs.

Posted August 31, 2004

ACS is a wonderful school. If you want a quality Christian education(ABEKA) with caring staff, this is it. The parents are top knotch. There is no need to worry about teasing or not being accepted there. it has been an answer to our prayers. My children retain what they are taught here, not memorizing large amounts of information in order to do well on some standardized test each nine weeks. Try it. You will love it. TR

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation North Greenville University
Liberty University
Presbyterian College
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Arts & music

College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mrs. Kyra Roberts
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI; SCISA
Fax number
  • (864) 224-1085

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Music
  • Choir / Chorus
  • Instrumental music lessons

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook