PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted January 06, 2016
My children have been at Beaufort Academy since pre-K. With both now in high school, I am even more convinced that our decision to send our children to BA was the right one. Mrs. Wise, the head of the upper school, loves the students as if they were here own. The teachers, most with varied backgrounds, obviously enjoy their content areas and have a firm grasp on the subjects. The small class sizes, while the students might not agree, are perfect for deeper discussion, continued questioning, and content mastery. My children have also been afforded the opportunity to play sports during all three seasons since middle school. Coach McCarty, the athletic director, ensures that the student athletes are aware that being on the team means commitment, practice, and teamwork. While not all students can be starters or leading scorers, they are given the chance to learn to help others, depend on others, and work hard for a goal. All of those concepts will be invaluable in college and in the business world. We love Beaufort Academy and, given the chance, we would do it all over again.

Beaufort Academy 2

Posted June 04, 2015
I have been raised in Beaufort since 1982, I am considered a local, graduated from Beaufort High, own a very successful business in this town, and would be classified as one of "those" parents from a previous review on here-wealthy, influential, "good ole boy" etc. My child has attended since kindergarten and has loved every second of it. However, he has just been diagnosed with dyslexia and dysgraphia. EXTREMELY COMMON-please google-and we were told 4 days before the last day of school that our child should go elsewhere. It was a BOMBSHELL!! I had been working diligently with the special learning instructor and believed to have had a plan for the following year. The one and only time the brand new Headmaster this year ever contacted me regarding my child, was to let me know my child couldn't be helped. So, if your child is a highly intelligent dyslexic (almost all dyslexics are) which so very many famous geniuses are, due to the way the brain is wired, BA can not and will not teach your child! My child is now heartbroken and so are we. Of course, BA NEVER had a problem asking for donations from the business!!! The Headmaster and Board of Trustees should be ashamed of themselves for the way we were treated and certainly appalled by the manor in which The Headmaster spoke to me. Unheard of!!

Posted March 06, 2015
My daughter had been in public school in Beaufort for many years. During her 8th grade year, she started to do poorly in her classes, she began to hang around other children that were getting in trouble and was talking back to her teachers. She had always played sports, but she quit sports all together in the 8th grade. We finally made the decision to send her to Beaufort Academy. She has been very happy in school. Her grades are back up, she is playing tennis and soccer again and is hanging around wonderful children that are a good influence on her. I only wish I had started her at BA in grammar school. We love BA!!

Posted March 04, 2015
My child just started in Pre K 3 this year and we are blown away by Beaufort Academy. Our child has been learning so much. I am amazed by handwriting, science experiments, art work etc. but most of all the individualized attention every child receives. Communication home is excellent- I know all of the books they are reading, letters, shapes, numbers so I can talk to my child about specifics of the day. We could not be happier and look forward to many wonderful years at BA!

Posted March 04, 2015
We took our children out of the public schools 5 years ago and enrolled them in Beaufort Academy. It was the best decision I ever made. My children who were both identified gifted and talented in public school have been more challenged in the regular classes at BA than they ever were in the public school's advanced classes. Although it was tough academically at first , through the years I've seen my children become more confident learners who are more serious about their school work. The school has lots of fun days and special events, but the student body is very focused and driven. It was a wake up call for my kids and me. I'm just glad we got to BA in time, so they will be successful in college and beyond. We are very fortunate to have Beaufort Academy in our community.

Posted September 23, 2014
Beaufort Academy is a wonderful school! When we were moving to Beaufort, we visited the campus and were so impressed with everyone and everything. We have two children enrolled and their transition was flawless. It truly is a family atmosphere and they welcomed us all with open arms. The teachers provide a challenging curriculum with a nurturing hand. Everyone strives to make their students reach their full potential. We could not be happier with our choice! It is definitely money well spent. Our kids are worth it! Thank you BA! I would encourage you to go visit the campus and see for yourself.

Beaufort Academy 2

Posted August 04, 2014
Our children attended for 5+ years . If you are from Beaufort and well-to-do, this is the best place to go. If you are middle class and just wanting a good education, think twice if you aren't local. Most of the parents who run the school programs are snobs, and their children in turn are also. There are constant requests for more money (fundraisers) every month of the school year. It can become almost harassing. The education as far as elementary age is solid, high school is limited with what they offer compared to public school. Also, discipline for problem behaviors in the classroom is inconsistent and at times not followed. (It depends who the child's parent is as to whether it's a teacher's kid- they all go free or a well-to-do and influential parent). My children did love their teachers, and there are always things going on with programs and field trips, which is a positive.

Beaufort Academy 1

Posted April 05, 2014
BA is a horrible, teachers are awful. As a former student in high school, I say BA is bad. The only thing the school is good at is their sports program.. So if you have the chance, send your kids elsewhere. Trust me when I say, do NOT come here.

Posted September 25, 2013
My children love coming to school! This is our first year at BA and my PreK students immediately connected with the teachers and their new classmates. They have already learned so much in such a short time, and as parents we see their confidence soaring. The teachers are very experienced, accessible, a wealth of information, and highly skilled. This was absolutely the combination of academics and family environment we wanted for our kiddos.

Beaufort Academy 1

Posted August 16, 2013
We enrolled our child in Kindergarten last fall and wound up removing her after a month of class. The school did not meet the advertised standards of character or conduct and fostered a chaotic and stressful environment due to lack of supervision and discipline in the class. Ensure you get tuition insurance.

Beaufort Academy