Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

There have been teachers quit, inadequate substitute pool willing to work in this school, teachers are just as likely to yell and act out as the students.

The principal does not care about anyone but herself. I get sick everytime I see her promoting her own children. This school loses good students and teachers because they are not valued at all. Speak to anyone who works there or has ever worked for Ms. HollOman and they never have anything nice to say. Politics at its finest with her. She lacks in leadership which is why this school has such a high turn over and so many discipline problems which makes learning so hard for my child. I am hoping to get my kid out in the very near future.

Robert Smalls is now an International Academy. I have 2 children attending and I couldn't be more pleased. I realize teachers make a huge difference in school experience. I feel like I can send a message to any of the teachers at any given time and they will respond ASAP. The teachers they have are excellent! I am impressed with the dedication and the communication the give! Great things are happening there.

This school has brought me the best years of my life. The teachers are for the most part good and most understand the kids in their class. The teachers care about the students and the students aspirations. It might not be the best "number wise" but the students that do care excel.

this school is ok I mean its not the best school ever. if your thinking about enrolling your kid to RSMS then its a bad idea. school levels are low. I like that we get a little freedom but its like a good looking prison. my school can improve by letting up a little bit and let kids be kids but with rules. at the most this school is a 1 and a half star rating in my opinion.

I attended this school for 2 years. I loved most of my teachers, they always went the extra mile to help me with any of my concerns. Personally my favorite teachers were Mrs.Harding & Mr.Mcpherson. Sadly I moved and could not attend this school anymore .

My son is in his 2nd year at Robert Smalls. He loves it! He has been on the honor roll the entire time. Teachers are always willing to stay after school for extra help if he needs it. We get newsletters every week telling us what's going on. Awesome teachers and staff!

This school has some really dedicated folks - the principals, APs, guidance, teachers, school improvement folks, parents and students. Looking forward to hearing more great things about Robert Smalls students.

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN! I HAVE HAD ALOT OF PROBLEMS IN THE ONE YEAR THAT MY CHILD HAS GONE TO ROBERTS SMALLS. I HAVE ALL THE TEACHERS EMAILS AND WORK NUMBERS AND YET I ONLY EVER HEAR FROM 2 OF THEM. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET AHOLD OF THE PRINCIPAL OR ANY OF THE TEACHERS DURING SCHOOL HOURS. WHY IS THIS? ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TEACHER HAS CALLED ME BECAUSE OF MY CHILD INTERUPTING CLASS BUT I HAVE TO WAIT FOR SCHOOL TO BE OUT TO BE ABLE TO REACH HER.

The school does an excellent job of encouraging good behavior. Students get caught in making "GOOD CHOICES" and are rewarded with RAP stickers. After they earn a specific number of stickers they get to attend the "GENERALS" LOUNGE. They also do an excellent job of encouraging parent/family involvement through their various and creative FAMILY nights - SCIENCE NIGHT, HUMANITIES NIGHT, THE ARTS NIGHT(Holiday Hoopla) etc. The office staff are kind, helpful and pleasant when you visit.

Last modified Robert Smalls International Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.