Beaufort, SC

Posted November 17, 2013
I agree with the statement, however we must always remember that it takes a village to raise a child, but it takes a child to want and realize that He/She needs the help. I am tired of people blaming it on the schools and we keep talking about the bad apple, but PLEASE tell me what happen to the apple tree? The trees are the ones that bears the fruit {Parents} and if the parent has no guide lines, then what are the schools to do, after all the parents have more lead-way with their child. We need to start holding "Parents" accountable for their children! Children are only with us so many hours per day and they are with their parents the rest of the day. If the parents have raised them up to always have their way, then the child have a sense of false-hood that they can come to school and behave in the same fashion. Moreover, if the child are not punished at home for their bad behavior and the parents takes up for the child without any repercussion, then how can a child improve in their work of behavior? We need to go back to the old land mark where it was said that the parent listen to the Adult and a child stays in a child place!

Lady's Island Middle School 4

Posted February 25, 2013
What can we as a parent do to help get this school where it has to go. We seems to find a lot of fault, but what are we doing as parents or concern citizens. How do you remove a rock that has been setting in one spot for a long time? We take our hands and remove it. I'm not talking about the principal, administration nor the teacher but us as a village. The school can used other resources like parents of problem children getting someone in to assist their misbehave children. Answer the question. How can we make this school a better place for our children. I've been hearing this since 1992. We have change leadership many time. Stop lying on the staff. It is our children and our children reflects us rather its behavior or learning, think about it. A smart child goes to school perform what they have been taught. Praise the Lord I have no complaints yet.

Lady's Island Middle School 4

Posted April 09, 2010
Principal's communication with parents is excellent via email and automated phone messages. The entire guidance department is helpful and fantastic. I am resubmitting my rating for this school, because my rating did not show up on my original post on 2/12/09

Posted February 13, 2010
this school needs more focus on discipline for unruly kids and those who are unruly need to be removed from the students that are trying to learn, there seems, to me, to be a big push for black heritage learning in a multi ethnic student body, the overall quality of some of the faculty needs some improvement, moving here from nc i am very disappointed in the schools overall performance.

Lady's Island Middle School 5

Posted July 10, 2009
The poster below is way off base - Principal is great and they send out weekly emails and over 20 newsletters during the year. Sounds like sour grapes

Lady's Island Middle School 5

Posted July 02, 2009

Posted June 01, 2009

Lady's Island Middle School
30 Cougar Dr, Beaufort, SC  29907
Last modified Lady's Island Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lady's Island Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top