Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is nigh-impossible to find or run into, and even if so, it's taken care of immediately. Bullying is not tolerated by any teachers. No bully ever gets away.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Should anyone make a mistake, or even before doing so, the teachers will try to tell us the difference between us to make sure nothing bad happens. Even as a student who has heard it at least a hundred times from the removed 5th grade to the 8th grade, I can safely say it's effective.

Effective school leaders: Agree

The principal makes sure everything is going perfect according to plan, even when something comes out of no where to disrupt what has been set to happen. Teachers are effective with teamwork and are even set into "pods" with four teachers each to work along, one being the pod leader, and then one from the two pods (two pods per grade) be the grade leader.

Develops character: Agree

Some bad eggs may be rejecting what the school would like to teach, but there are many who are following those three words due to the school. Including me.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Every teacher here is willing to help in any way they can, even the few who aren't such good teachers themselves. All it takes is to ask the teacher, and then explain to them what you need.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework is usually very informative in what it tries to teach you, and even provides directions sometimes.

The school is wonderful. The teachers are all pretty amazing, with very exceptions such as the Spanish teacher. They are almost always helpful, and if not, they turn to another to help out a student. What I've learned from this school is far more than I would've imagined. From an all F-C student to an all A student, this school has brought out the best of me, and what I can be. This is definitely a school to be in if you want some of the best.

I agree with the statement, however we must always remember that it takes a village to raise a child, but it takes a child to want and realize that He/She needs the help. I am tired of people blaming it on the schools and we keep talking about the bad apple, but PLEASE tell me what happen to the apple tree? The trees are the ones that bears the fruit {Parents} and if the parent has no guide lines, then what are the schools to do, after all the parents have more lead-way with their child. We need to start holding "Parents" accountable for their children! Children are only with us so many hours per day and they are with their parents the rest of the day. If the parents have raised them up to always have their way, then the child have a sense of false-hood that they can come to school and behave in the same fashion. Moreover, if the child are not punished at home for their bad behavior and the parents takes up for the child without any repercussion, then how can a child improve in their work of behavior? We need to go back to the old land mark where it was said that the parent listen to the Adult and a child stays in a child place!

What can we as a parent do to help get this school where it has to go. We seems to find a lot of fault, but what are we doing as parents or concern citizens. How do you remove a rock that has been setting in one spot for a long time? We take our hands and remove it. I'm not talking about the principal, administration nor the teacher but us as a village. The school can used other resources like parents of problem children getting someone in to assist their misbehave children. Answer the question. How can we make this school a better place for our children. I've been hearing this since 1992. We have change leadership many time. Stop lying on the staff. It is our children and our children reflects us rather its behavior or learning, think about it. A smart child goes to school perform what they have been taught. Praise the Lord I have no complaints yet.

Principal's communication with parents is excellent via email and automated phone messages. The entire guidance department is helpful and fantastic. I am resubmitting my rating for this school, because my rating did not show up on my original post on 2/12/09

Last modified Lady's Island Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.