Blackville, SC

Jefferson Davis Academy 5

Posted July 12, 2012
It is with great pride that I now call JDA my Alma Mater. I started here in K5, attended every school year and recently graduated. Have more to share than this space here will allow, simply put: If I were to do it all over again, I would choose JDA. Safety, fellowship, above average education, great leadership from the staff and board members, classroom size, teacher student ration, Zero "bully tolerance", rules that are genuine with the backbone to follow through, teacher and staff participation and communication with everyone, the respect from and to one another is not just expected but demonstrated, all of this and more make this school a much better school than our area offers. Again,simply put: If I were to do it all over again, I would choose JDA !

Posted September 09, 2011
I am excited my family is a part of Jefferson Davis Academy. This year we have new leadership with Ms. Hunter and Ms. Hogarth as our Heads of School. I feel my children are in a safe, structural, and above average educational program. Great things are happening at JDA. If you would like more information, check out our new website at www.jeffersondavisacademy.info for more information.

Jefferson Davis Academy 2

Posted April 27, 2007
My child attended this school and the education in the high school is below standards. This school is more social time than educational learning. No choices as far a classes offered. Fun place to be if you are not serious about college or real life.

Posted January 01, 2006
- a former student
I was a student at this JDA for a few years. I beleive the education is standard compared to the other schools around. It is a pleasant environment for a student. Almost everyone in your school knows one another and are friends. The only problem I saw was not with the education from the teachers, it was the lack of attention from the parents regarding the activities of their children not on school time. The parents of these students were assuming because they were getting a good education that they paid less attention to their other activities and let them do what ever they wanted.

Posted July 10, 2005
I have one child attending JDA and I am very pleased with the education he has received. The entire lower school scored 50% and above on the Stanford test. JDA only gives one test a year compared to 22 days of preparing/testing in the public school. My son was in a class of 15 students as compared to an average of 23 in the public. I think it is great JDA does not have a sheriff on campus, a metal detector at the door or cameras in the hall. Instead JDA students pray every morning and have Chapel every Wednesday. Ninety percent of parents at JDA participate in PTO and are very involed in school activities. As a parent I can say that when I drop my child off at school I do not have to worry about his safety and I know that he is the best environment possible.

Jefferson Davis Academy
5061 Hilda Road, Blackville, SC  29817
Last modified Jefferson Davis Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Jefferson Davis Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top