Blenheim, SC

Blenheim Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted February 22, 2013
I wish the state department of education would take over. You would think if you walked into the front office of a school some one would ask you if they could help,you well not here. My child was late for school and I walked in the front office and all they did was point to the computer for me to sign in my child. They are so unprofessional at this school ! They are just pretending here! Such a waste , the students are not the most important thing here!

Blenheim Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted February 14, 2013
This school has steadily declined in the past 8 years. At one time under leadership of Millie Baker this school was one of the top in the state of SC. A turnover of principals removed from other administrative positions for being inadequate and being placed here has significantly increased the downward slide. The most productive teachers have continued to leave year after year,and the ones that remain have no other choice or were Considered troublemakers, non certified, or earned subpar degrees online. The principal has been identified as misusing 100,000 of hard earned taxpayers money to allow her friends and others privileges such as masters degrees , paying her friends to tutor other friends that weren't able to pass the state mandated test, etc. She hires her friends to fill positions, with no regard to most qualified for the position. The students are not held accountable on any level from discipline to academics. It is a shame and a disgrace to allow such a person to lead a 25 million dollar school and fill it with inadequate teachers!

Posted August 04, 2008
I have three boys , one of them is in high school. The other two are attending the elementary and middle schools. I have also substitutued at these schools and others around the county, at no other schools have I seen the loyalty to their students as I have in Blenheim. I'm rating this school above average based on what the staff really wants for these kids,I really believe in my heart that if they could fix up the old buildings and classrooms that they would. I am glad that my children have teachers that still care!

Blenheim Elementary/Middle School

Posted July 15, 2008
This school needs lots of improvement and better teachers and I am glad that my child doesn't have to attend their again i rate them a 1.

Blenheim Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted May 20, 2005
My twins have a wonderful teacher,Ms Walters. She has said she's willing to take her summer break to tutor my son that is ADHD. Wow,what a teacher,excellent teaching skills. Hands down the teachers are wonderful teachers and excellent academic leaders for our children.

Posted February 24, 2005
This schools enrollment has been increaseing on a steady pace the last two school terms. The academic level has made great strides. Teachers are involved in the students learning and social skills. The outdoor classroom at this school is one of the best in the state. A green tree reservoir is included in the outdoor classroom along with a nature trail.

Posted October 29, 2004
This is a school where I have sent my children, because teachers are caring and they encourage high achievement for all children. The class sizes are small and that helps with providing needed help for all students. The principal has an open door policy and he listens to your concerns. He encourages parental support from all parents. The school may be old by todays standards, but I have seen a great change in the pass 15 months since the present principal has been there. A few of the changes have been: Beautification program (outside) Cleaner buildiings and grounds Increase in student academics (2003-2004 PACT scores have increased greatly.) There is still more to do but change is happening. Outstanding music program and a good Art program for all students. There is a renewed active Beta Club.

Blenheim Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted September 28, 2004
I use to be a parent volunteer and I feel that the teachers and staff are always looking for new ones. I visit the school from time to time to help out in my niece and nephew's class. The teachers are always looking for parents to be more involved in their childs education. It is very disappointing to go to an open house and there are hardly any parents there. This year is the first year that I have seen so many parents at open house. I hope that the parents will become more involved with their children as they grow older. As a parent of a 2002 graduate I know how very important it is to stay involve in every aspect of your childs education. Blenheim is doing a good job and can do even better if more parents would become involved in their childs education, and discipline problems.

Posted September 24, 2004
I think that this school has and is changing for the best. There have been after-school programs added to help the student scores, and it has helped my children.I feel that the staff is working hard with the students to improve their scores and their way of learning. My children have started reading more due to the 25 Book campaign that the school is taken part in. The students are being rewarded for the amount of pages and books that they read. One of my children didn't like to read, but now that she knows they have something more to work for she reads all the time. I have conferences with my children teacher's on different occasions and I am please with the teachers way of keeping me inform about my childrens work and behavior. The school is small, but that just gives my children a better learning enviroment.

Posted September 24, 2004
As a parent volunteer I am very aware of the teachers abilities to work with their students and their parents. The school is always offering opportunities to invite parent involvement. I became a parent volunteer seven years ago when my son enter into Pre-K. I enjoy working with the staff, teachers and the students. I became a substitute teacher to help out when teachers are unable to be there. If I have a concern about my childs academics the school will do everything they can to relieve me of my concerns. I have a son and daughter and one is involed in the after school program. The after school program helps children who have scored below basic on PACT. My son needs help in two subjects and the school is striving to help him bring his score up. I am proud of this small school and it's teachers.

Blenheim Elementary/Middle School
2501 Hwy 38 South, Blenheim, SC  29516
Last modified Blenheim Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blenheim Elementary/Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top