No rating

Cross Schools

Private | PK-8 | 440 students

Living in Bluffton

Situated in a rural neighborhood. The median home value is $174,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $873.

Posted May 14, 2014

This school is fantastic. My daughter has attended since she was 18 months old and we could not be more pleased. The staff is caring and they are have a great ratio of students to teachers. We love that the preschool program has actual academic value and is not just a babysitting service. We are so glad we found Cross.

Posted July 11, 2012

We loved Cross Schools. After having a nasty experience at a smaller private school close by, Cross took our child in and his advancements were great. We had to move and his is admired at his new school, all thanks to what he learned with Cross Schools.

Posted December 28, 2011

We couldn't be more pleased with the experience our 2-year-old daughter is having at Cross. She is learning so much, it amazes me. Plus, it is really neat to see her develop friendships even at such a young age. We feel completely comfortable leaving our daugher at Cross on a full-time basis and couldn't be happier with the teaching staff - they are amazing and we are grateful they are a part of our daugher's life.

Posted September 12, 2011

I think Cross Schools is a BARGAIN! When any parent considers the environment that their children are forced to be exposed to in the public school system, particularly in this community, then compares that to the loving Christian environment that their children encounter day in and day out at Cross Schools, the choice seems pretty simple. The Headmistress and her staff of faculty and administration are unparalled in this community. How the school is able to retain such over-qualified teachers is one of life's little mysteries that I an extremely thankful for. My child's test scores were off the charts last year, compared to where she had been when she started at this school and I know this is a direct result of the individualized attention that she receives due to the small class-size. If giving your child(ren) the best advantages (an excellence in academics coupled with a strong foundation in Christianity) as they progress through what has become an increasingly competitive and secular world, then look no further than Cross Schools. You'll be glad you did!

Posted September 6, 2011

We love Cross Schools. My children really benefit from thier time at Cross. The "extra" things the school does are great and I appreciate the dedication of the teachers the most. Not only are the academics set at a high standard but the children are also learning important Christian values. Great School.

Posted September 6, 2011

Our children love Cross Schools. The teachers are amazing and my children have learned so much! The small class sizes (18 children with 2 teachers) allow the teachers to give individual attention to each child. We truly feel the education at Cross Schools is a terrific value as our children test above grade level and are excited to go to school and learn.

Posted May 4, 2010

I am a staff member at this school.The teachers here go beyond the extra mile with the students.Students are the most well behaved and always ready to lend a hand no matter the cause. Parents are right there for their children and any needs the teaching staff may need.there is just so much more that this school offers that I have not enough room to go into.

Posted July 9, 2009

Cross is the kind of school that provdes an excellent education while teaching your child to be respectful and challenge themselves to their potential. Cross truly challenges the child on all levels, not just education. Cross prepares them for life. All of the staff have strong relationships with the students because of the small classrooms. The students love their school. I will miss Cross greatly since we moved.

Posted April 7, 2009

This is by far the best school in the area. The teachers and staff care about each and every student. Unlike the public schools in the area the classroom environment is all about learning. There is no bullying and discipline issues in this school...truly a special place!

Posted February 15, 2009

There is no real work, middle school students are treated like they're in elementary school with activities such as recess, spanish, class parties for non-essential holidays and there are no exploratories. The only exams they have are only for the eighth grade, you wear P.E. clothes all day, and in all, their education suffers. For example, when I switched schools, I took the test to be enrolled. They said I had to be tutored during the summer in math because my math skills were below average for the normal seventh grade student, which puzzled me because at Cross, I had a high A in math. Their education is definitely unsatisfactory compared to other school in this area. I would highly suggest not to go here unless small schools with barely any homework meet your standards and are satisfactory with you.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 29, 2009

Both my 5 and 7 year olds go to Cross. The Director and teachers are all supurb. Communication is open and readily available any time. Class size is about 12 students with two teachers. This is the best in the area.

Posted January 28, 2009

My sister and brother go to this school. They love it there. My brother struggled in Public, but is doing so much better now! My sister still struggles with her behavior sometimes, but is so much better since switching to this school. I would definitely recommend this school, it has wonderful kids and education.

Posted October 4, 2008

My kid has been going to this school now for 8 years and absolutly loves it. The kids and teachers are all well respected and there are absolutly NO bullies or abusive children. The teachers care about the students. If your looking for a new school, send your child to Cross Episcopal School! The grades are Kindergarden-8th grade and they are building a High School.

Posted January 13, 2008

Cross School is outstanding! Our grandson is receiving a superior education; the teachers and staff are excellent.

Asian 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 1%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30
School end time
  • 3:00
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • (843) 706-2010

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Drama

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Community service, fundraising, and volunteering at the school.