PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have been a staff member at Cross Schools for almost a decade now, and I can honestly say that my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. The teachers and administration genuinely care about each student and family, and they work hard to create an atmosphere of love and respect. I believe that the students know that they are valued and respond to the love and concern that is consistently offered to them. Most importantly, I see both students and staff being challenged to live all aspects of their life in a godly way, giving glory to God and doing their best to use their gifts and talents to serve Him. Cross has grown so much in the time that I have been here, and I know that many plans are in the works for tremendous growth in the future. I am excited to see the new ways this school will impact our wonderful community in the years to come!

I barely learned anything at cross schools. Most teachers barely taught and when they did, it was either a worksheet or textbook problems. We had tablets, but hardly every used them. I mostly used it to surf the internet during study hall which was just a social period. If you are only interested in socializing with friends then Cross is perfect for you, but if you truly care about your education and want to learn, don't go to this school.

My children have been students at Cross Schools for over 10 years. We started in the 2 yr old Preschool and now I have 2 middle school children. We are very thankful for the school. Its academics are challenging and truly push our children to learn and excel. It is a very nurturing environment that encourages real relationships and a true sense of family. The Clubs and Sports allow kids the chance to try new activities and learn new talents. Each student is challenged and encouraged to grow and become who God created them to be.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Integrity and Respect were the annual themes for the past two years. School activities and teachings center on the theme.

I have had two children graduate from Cross Schools after attending 8 years. The academics at Cross are second to none in Beaufort County. All the teachers are caring and kind. They get to know the students and help them succeed. The leadership skills my children developed helped them transition seamlessly into the public high school (Cross does not have a high school) where they both have very high academic averages. Both have held leadership positions in clubs and one walked on as a varsity athlete. Cross helped prepare my children for their future.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

The school uses the "Be the One" anti-bullying program. Teachers integrate these lessons into the classroom each month.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The leadership team at Cross cares about all students. Each morning a member from the leadership team meets the students at the door with a firm handshake and warm smile. They model respect and integrity with all they do.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has a character trait of the month and lessons are developed and taught around that trait.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework was given and was appropriate in length to prepare the students for high school level classes.

Cross Schools is the best in Bluffton. My children have been attending school there since age 2. The preschool is hands down the best and the elementary school can't be beat. The small class sizes are an amazing benefit. My children have had many classes that have one teacher, an assistant AND less than 20 children in the class. The more advanced students can be challenged and those that need extra help can get it. The teachers know all the students, not just the ones in their own classes. It is a wonderful family atmosphere! All the students are well behaved and respect the teachers and administrators. I've never walked down the halls in the 6 years my kids have been there and seen any students acting up. Unlike public schools they are allowed to teach Christian values at school which I think helps eliminate behavioral issues like bullying. When I pick up the kids early when we are traveling or for a doctors appointment they actually complain because they don't want to leave early! It couldn't be any better!

Last modified Cross Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-8