Bad
Good

We have had 3 children go through this school in the INC program. They have all loved their school and are excelling.

I would consider myself an expert on this school an that's because I have 3 students attend KMMS in the INC program. One son graduated last year and is doing great in High School and I currently have an 8th grader and 7th grader attending now. I am very aware of the culture, teachers, administration and workings of this school. It is very well ran and I couldn't be happier with the overall educational experience my 3 kids have had. coupled with the excellent muic, art and sports programs this is an excellent choice in Richland 2. In fact, I'd say it's the best; better than Blythewood with the key fact that your student will get a great education but unlike at Blythewood where the students are predominately one race, you get a nice multi-cultural experience and as a result of the diversity of the student body and staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

See prior comments and answers to the other questions. Because of my vast experience in this school, I think they develop very good people.

Amount of homework: Agree

Develops character: Strongly agree

Having been around this school for 5 years and having 3 kids go there, I'd say I'm pretty dialed-in with what's the real deal.

My stepson attended Kelly Mill Middle. He was far below his grade level in reading. The Kelly mill educators worked with my stepson and when he left in the 8th grade. He was reading at a 9th grade reading level. The Kelly Mill instructors truly came together to assist us with getting and keeping our son on track. This is an awesome school.

Mr. Temoney, the new principal, has truly created a new, inviting environment for all students, staff, community members, and parents. He is turning the school around for the better slowly but surely. As a teacher at KMMS, I was once very negative about my school; however, I must say that I enjoy coming to work now and believe our school is one of the top schools in the state.

Kelly Mill is a fantastic community school. Don't let the "Grade 2-8" fool you- the middle school is a grade 6-8 campus. The Center for Achievement is a separate building that houses a small number of elementary children grade 2-5 that need a smaller, more intimate class setting to achieve. This school is in no way connected to Kelly Mill MS. The INC program at Kelly Mill is outstanding, and the music department (band, chorus, and orchestra) are exceptional- one of the best that you will find in any middle school. The teachers are very caring and the new principal, along with the admin team, is a perfect fit for the school.

The teachers are awesome! Both of my children had great experiences in the arts. The music department is hands down the best!

I have two students at the school, one in the magnet program and one in regular classes and I am very satisfied with the school. I email all of their teachers when there is a problem and just to get an overall report of their performance and most of the time the response is immediate (within the 7 hour school day). There have been times when I had to meet with administration or contact administration for a few issues and the response that I received was very satisfactory. My children love it and I love it. I wanted to write the review because I, myself, love to see how parents rate prospective schools and I find them very helpful.

Last modified Kelly Mill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 2-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.