Blythewood, SC
Students enrolled: 1,037

Posted March 16, 2014
Mr. Temoney, the new principal, has truly created a new, inviting environment for all students, staff, community members, and parents. He is turning the school around for the better slowly but surely. As a teacher at KMMS, I was once very negative about my school; however, I must say that I enjoy coming to work now and believe our school is one of the top schools in the state.

Posted February 11, 2014
Kelly Mill is a fantastic community school. Don't let the "Grade 2-8" fool you- the middle school is a grade 6-8 campus. The Center for Achievement is a separate building that houses a small number of elementary children grade 2-5 that need a smaller, more intimate class setting to achieve. This school is in no way connected to Kelly Mill MS. The INC program at Kelly Mill is outstanding, and the music department (band, chorus, and orchestra) are exceptional- one of the best that you will find in any middle school. The teachers are very caring and the new principal, along with the admin team, is a perfect fit for the school.

Posted November 21, 2013
The teachers are awesome! Both of my children had great experiences in the arts. The music department is hands down the best!

Posted July 27, 2012
I have two students at the school, one in the magnet program and one in regular classes and I am very satisfied with the school. I email all of their teachers when there is a problem and just to get an overall report of their performance and most of the time the response is immediate (within the 7 hour school day). There have been times when I had to meet with administration or contact administration for a few issues and the response that I received was very satisfactory. My children love it and I love it. I wanted to write the review because I, myself, love to see how parents rate prospective schools and I find them very helpful.

Kelly Mill Middle School 2

Posted September 24, 2011
The worst school I've been to. ever. The principal treats the students and staff like kindergartners and teacher expectations, even in the honors classes were very low. Many of the teachers could not care less about our education, and the administration wastes time enforcing rules about gum, IDs, and tucked in shirts instead of the real issues. This school did not prepare me for high school in any way and my teachers now expect me to know much that my teachers at kelly mill neglected. Little effort is made towards anything thought provoking and my two years here passed in a blind daze. If you have a choice, go elsewhere.

Kelly Mill Middle School 1

Posted June 06, 2011
The school has a lot to improve on. Like putting the children's needs first instead of their computers and other technology.

Kelly Mill Middle School 3

Posted May 26, 2011
The teachers at this school act as if they could care less if the children learn and pass. Parents have to watch the parent portal closely to ensure that teachers are actually inputting the grades, which in most cases, they are not. The administration seem to have attitudes toward anyone who questions their processes. I will be glad when this school year is over as it has been very exhausting as a parent to deal with this school's issues.

Kelly Mill Middle School 3

Posted December 19, 2010
This school is really good on the learning but people fight and slapbox and get beat up

Kelly Mill Middle School 1

Posted May 03, 2010
I am a student of kelly mill and that school isnt really that good of a learning enviroment and as a student I am sometimes scared to go about what some students and the teacher barley care for what you have to say and act like that they just go to get their paycheck.

Posted March 09, 2010
This review is long overdue. My son attended KMS for 6-8th grade, graduating May 2009. This school really will give you all your child needs, if he and you put into it. He was in the AVID program as well as other activites and advanced classes. We have since moved to Southern California and he is now attending a high school with over 3400 students that is ranked in the top 5% in the nation acedemically and his transition has been seemless. He was accepted into the AVID program here and is flourishing. I give credit not only to my son but also the best Vice Principal we have ever been around Mr. McClinton. Mr. McClinton was always encouraging, but firm when he needed to be with my son and I know my son learned valuable lesson from him. Cudos!!

Kelly Mill Middle School
1141 Kelly Mill Rd, Blythewood, SC  29016
Last modified Kelly Mill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 2-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kelly Mill Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top