Blythewood, SC
Students enrolled: 1,037

Posted August 11, 2015
We have had 3 children go through this school in the INC program. They have all loved their school and are excelling.

Posted August 11, 2015
I would consider myself an expert on this school an that's because I have 3 students attend KMMS in the INC program. One son graduated last year and is doing great in High School and I currently have an 8th grader and 7th grader attending now. I am very aware of the culture, teachers, administration and workings of this school. It is very well ran and I couldn't be happier with the overall educational experience my 3 kids have had. coupled with the excellent muic, art and sports programs this is an excellent choice in Richland 2. In fact, I'd say it's the best; better than Blythewood with the key fact that your student will get a great education but unlike at Blythewood where the students are predominately one race, you get a nice multi-cultural experience and as a result of the diversity of the student body and staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 11, 2015
See prior comments and answers to the other questions. Because of my vast experience in this school, I think they develop very good people.

Amount of homework: Just right

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 11, 2015
See prior comments as to my vast experience w/ this school. Best middle school in Richland 2.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 11, 2015
See previous comments as they describe this answer as well. I'm very pleased with the experience we've had.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 11, 2015
Having been around this school for 5 years and having 3 kids go there, I'd say I'm pretty dialed-in with what's the real deal.

Posted August 07, 2015
My stepson attended Kelly Mill Middle. He was far below his grade level in reading. The Kelly mill educators worked with my stepson and when he left in the 8th grade. He was reading at a 9th grade reading level. The Kelly Mill instructors truly came together to assist us with getting and keeping our son on track. This is an awesome school.

Posted March 16, 2014
Mr. Temoney, the new principal, has truly created a new, inviting environment for all students, staff, community members, and parents. He is turning the school around for the better slowly but surely. As a teacher at KMMS, I was once very negative about my school; however, I must say that I enjoy coming to work now and believe our school is one of the top schools in the state.

1141 Kelly Mill Rd, Blythewood, SC  29016
Last modified Kelly Mill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 2-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kelly Mill Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top