Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school is the worse place I have ever taught. The students are so nasty and disrespectful. The administrators do not care about the faculty members. They always side with the students and parents when there is an issue or incident. They just want to keep their jobs. Awful school. I do not recommend teaching there.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

As I've stated before, if you have to make a way to retake a test you know the students aren't retaining much knowledge from the curriculum.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The wrong teachers give homework in this school. For example, Choir has put more stress on me than any other class since the teacher can't teach people right the first time.

Develops character: Disagree

First off, being ridiculously lenient with cell phones and hats is not a good idea. Also, some teachers show noticeable favoritism towards certain students. I go to school to be treated the same as other people, not to be pushed aside and treated differently from the rest. Cheating is almost encouraged as teachers don't walk around during tests to look around to see if kids are cheating.

I don't know if it's that I lived in a different state for more than a decade, but I have got to say this school is really not very good. The chorus teacher is unorganized and to be fair pretty rude, the German teacher is in my opinion one of the worst teachers I've ever had, the only thing this school has going for it is the JROTC program. The teachers on average don't really care about the students and some throw a fit when I try to ask a genuine question. The classes are absolute trash. There is not a single teacher I was comfortable talking with. There is rampant racism everywhere and the students are very disrespectful. I honestly don't understand why there are such good reviews for this school. If you're considering making your children attend, please please please reconsider. I don't want them to go through the same pain I did.

I have surely thrived and felt more loved and given more opportunity at this school than ever. The teachers care about the student and the subject. It's one big happy family. They will do whatever you need to help you succeed. There's also a wide range of classes to best suit your interests and so many fun ways to get involved. My heart is always in Blythewood.

DO NOT listen to the parent below... please be cognizant that some people think their child is more deserving than yours.

I love Blythewood High School! My child has greatly benefited from the rigorous academic program and the outstanding co-curricular opportunities allotted. DO NOT listen to the parent below... please be cognizant of which schools you are zoned for when relocating.

Blythewood High School is one of more affluent and less diverse of the five high schools in Richland Two. The teachers are excellent and most have advanced training such as National Boards, AP, and G/T. I am currently in my sophomore year at BHS and I love it! I am so blessed to be at a school with such a warm and inviting environment, beneficial for all children to flourish. My only problem with the school is communication, we aren't aware of most things that are happening at school, so hardly anyone shows up to events, except for Basketball and Football, of course. To anyone relocating to the Midlands, I believe the Blythewood High School Feeder is the best in Richland Two. I have had the great and unique privilege of attending a true "Palmetto's Finest" High School. #GoBengals!

I really like this school and I think it is a great place to be. I am very glad I made the decision to go to this school. There are a few things in the rules that i would like to change for example some dress code rule, Disciplinary actions, and our lunch time. Other than that i really like this school

Last modified Blythewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.