Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
There is only one person in this school who has actually taught me anything. Ltc. White has given a lot of insight to what I could do after graduating high school. He has also been very understanding about my current situation.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted December 09, 2015
As I've stated before, if you have to make a way to retake a test you know the students aren't retaining much knowledge from the curriculum.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted December 09, 2015
The wrong teachers give homework in this school. For example, Choir has put more stress on me than any other class since the teacher can't teach people right the first time.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
Some teachers don't even assign homework. I personally think that if you don't assign homework you don't help students learn their material. Also, you know it's bad when you have to develop a way to retake a test since so many students fail. If you take the time to teach them, they will do the test right the first time.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
First off, being ridiculously lenient with cell phones and hats is not a good idea. Also, some teachers show noticeable favoritism towards certain students. I go to school to be treated the same as other people, not to be pushed aside and treated differently from the rest. Cheating is almost encouraged as teachers don't walk around during tests to look around to see if kids are cheating.

Blythewood High School 1

Posted December 09, 2015
I don't know if it's that I lived in a different state for more than a decade, but I have got to say this school is really not very good. The chorus teacher is unorganized and to be fair pretty rude, the German teacher is in my opinion one of the worst teachers I've ever had, the only thing this school has going for it is the JROTC program. The teachers on average don't really care about the students and some throw a fit when I try to ask a genuine question. The classes are absolute trash. There is not a single teacher I was comfortable talking with. There is rampant racism everywhere and the students are very disrespectful. I honestly don't understand why there are such good reviews for this school. If you're considering making your children attend, please please please reconsider. I don't want them to go through the same pain I did.

Posted July 31, 2013
I have surely thrived and felt more loved and given more opportunity at this school than ever. The teachers care about the student and the subject. It's one big happy family. They will do whatever you need to help you succeed. There's also a wide range of classes to best suit your interests and so many fun ways to get involved. My heart is always in Blythewood.

Blythewood High School 4

Posted April 29, 2013
DO NOT listen to the parent below... please be cognizant that some people think their child is more deserving than yours.

Posted April 25, 2013
I love Blythewood High School! My child has greatly benefited from the rigorous academic program and the outstanding co-curricular opportunities allotted. DO NOT listen to the parent below... please be cognizant of which schools you are zoned for when relocating.

Posted December 01, 2012
Blythewood High School is one of more affluent and less diverse of the five high schools in Richland Two. The teachers are excellent and most have advanced training such as National Boards, AP, and G/T. I am currently in my sophomore year at BHS and I love it! I am so blessed to be at a school with such a warm and inviting environment, beneficial for all children to flourish. My only problem with the school is communication, we aren't aware of most things that are happening at school, so hardly anyone shows up to events, except for Basketball and Football, of course. To anyone relocating to the Midlands, I believe the Blythewood High School Feeder is the best in Richland Two. I have had the great and unique privilege of attending a true "Palmetto's Finest" High School. #GoBengals!

10901 Wilson Blvd, Blythewood, SC  29016
Last modified Blythewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.