Charleston, SC

Posted September 29, 2014
I love this school! My children get a great education and are allowed to talk and learn about God.

Posted September 29, 2014
This school is great! I graduated from this school and now my children are attending.

Posted December 16, 2013
I have had my children at FBS for 10 years. The elementary is excellent & the teachers, staff & administration are GREAT! It was a hard transition to middle & high school for my daughter. And, yes that was because of the math depart. But, they have worked very hard to improve & I strongly believe they have with new teachers & program. The new cyber club is pushing into new territory, making the students stronger. They did exceptionally well in the international Cyber Patriot Challenge for their first year! The new middle school building on campus is wonderful. There are amazing building plans for FBS in the immediate future. Look for updated buildings & a top athletic facility in 2014. But, best of all is the character of my children. The Christian atmosphere can not be met and they have solid friendships. A small school may not be able to offer tons of elective courses, but they make up for the personal one on one you can have with the teachers & administration. I love FBS & am glad we have weathered the storm when it was tough. No school is perfect, but I'll go with the laid back attitude at FBS way before I will get caught up in any other drama of other schools.

Posted November 12, 2013
I continue to be pleased with the high standards and expectations set by teachers at First Baptist School of Charleston. When I happen upon a teacher, their conversation is not about mundane but their subject matter, which they love to teach, like Blais Pascal's Pense's, the mathmatician, getting into his thoughts about life and the universe and creation.

Posted May 06, 2013
From my first visit to the First Baptist campus, I was touched by the quaintness of the school. The students park at The Battery and walk to school. Class sizes are small. It reminded me of schools when I was growing up. Maybe it's too much like schools when I was growing up. Because of the economy, my daughter went to Wando High School for a year and did not want to return to First Baptist. The elective courses are limited and the math and computer departments are surprisingly weak. There are also some really strong, caring teachers. But if students at this school are to be competitive for college admissions, First Baptist needs to enter the 21st century. Great students and involved parents at this school. I miss the sweet atmosphere of this school for my daughter. But she is more on track and her Wando girlfriends know more about their future goals because they have been exposed to courses like biomed or bioengineering, things that a day or two of career shadowing just won't cover. There are lots of good, public high school options out there. Be open-minded enough to check them out.

Posted April 14, 2013
i go to school here ever since 1st grade and yes the faculty and teachers are kind and caring. Elementary is great , because it prepare you well for middle school, but middle school does not prepare you for high school. And honestly the h=middle and high school math department is a HUGE joke.

Posted January 06, 2012
First Baptist school is a WONDERFUL, SUPPORTIVE community with an excellent faculty and student body. The teachers care deeply about their students and maintain high academic standards. In the high school, every teacher knows every student, regardless of whether or not he or she is in their class. It's part of being a close-knit, spiritually-minded community.

Posted November 18, 2010
i wouldn't even consider this a school, its more of a place kids just slack off at. i was a student there so i have experienced it first hand. if you want to kid to go to an extremely easy where they wont be challenged and teachers don't care about anything then send them here. this "school" is a disgrace to south carolina education.

Posted July 06, 2010
FANTASTIC school! We have been with the school for 7 years~2 children. BOTH of my kids LOVE going to school! The teachers DO keep you well informed of the students progress and the staff is VERY friendly : )

First Baptist School 0

Posted February 02, 2010
Love it! My wife is an alum and out daughter is currently in 2nd grade. Excellent faculty and staff.

First Baptist School