No rating

Northwood Academy

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Charleston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $101,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Posted Sunday, September 28, 2014

I paid money for my child to be in a christian environment and sadly this school does NOT have a christian atmosphere. The principal is very difficult to work with and does not speak to other faculty, students or parents with respect. Kids are bullying each other without consequences and more and more students are turning away from their relationship with the Lord due to this school. Save your money and child's heart, do not send your child to this school!

Posted August 20, 2014

We have been very unimpressed with Northwood Academy. The school is, at best, average. High school math instruction is very poor. The high school principal is difficult to work with and has the attitude that she is always right. However, on more than one occasion, we have been provided with information regarding something as basic as state school requirements that have been factually incorrect. We would not recommend this school.

Posted February 4, 2014

What a terrific school! My daughter has been at this school for 5 years. The teachers are very caring and the academic program is excellent! We drive 30-45 minutes every morning, and it is well worth the effort.

Posted November 1, 2013

I'd give this school zero stars if I could. Horrible people in the preschool program. Always trying to cause problems with parents who are not together. Very judgmental to kids who come from homes where the parents are not together. My poor nephew has been treated like a dog at this place. Thank god this is the last week.

Posted December 14, 2010

This is a great school! The teachers are very caring. This school has a great educational program and promotes high standards for students to learn and achieve success!

Posted January 6, 2010

Both of my daughters attend school there. They love it!! I am another parent that wishes they were not moving. I also work downtown and with all the traffic the move will not work for us either. I am very sad about it but praying that something else will work out. Maybe extend there after-school hours to 6:30?

Posted May 19, 2009

My daughter has been attending Northwood Academy since she was 2 and is starting 1st grade this year. This school is excellent! The teachers and staff could not be better. My daughter has passed other children educationally who are older than she is. The curriculum is far better than ever imagined! I only wish they were not rebuilding in their chosen location. Unfortunately we will not be able to keep our daughter at the school w/ the increased tuition and the fact that I work downtown - it won't work. I definately recommend this school.

Posted March 9, 2008

This is an excellent school. Excellent academics with a Biblical basis. We wish they were not rebuilding in such an inconvenient location. Between tuition increases and the new location, we will probably not be able to keep our child in this school long term. We will continue to pray that the Lord works something out.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious