Charleston, SC

Posted May 12, 2015
My daughter loves going to school. She's surrounded my the most caring staff I've ever met. I know she's getting a great education. Proof by her extremely high scores on the standardized testing. So happy we chose this school

Posted November 15, 2014
This is our childrens first year at Northwood and we could not be more pleased. They are so organized and structured. They cover every base and drive for perfection for their school. They teach the children to be independent, caring, competitive, god fearing children.

Northwood Academy 1

Posted September 28, 2014
I paid money for my child to be in a christian environment and sadly this school does NOT have a christian atmosphere. The principal is very difficult to work with and does not speak to other faculty, students or parents with respect. Kids are bullying each other without consequences and more and more students are turning away from their relationship with the Lord due to this school. Save your money and child's heart, do not send your child to this school!

Northwood Academy 2

Posted August 20, 2014
We have been very unimpressed with Northwood Academy. The school is, at best, average. High school math instruction is very poor. The high school principal is difficult to work with and has the attitude that she is always right. However, on more than one occasion, we have been provided with information regarding something as basic as state school requirements that have been factually incorrect. We would not recommend this school.

Posted February 04, 2014
What a terrific school! My daughter has been at this school for 5 years. The teachers are very caring and the academic program is excellent! We drive 30-45 minutes every morning, and it is well worth the effort.

Northwood Academy 1

Posted November 01, 2013
I'd give this school zero stars if I could. Horrible people in the preschool program. Always trying to cause problems with parents who are not together. Very judgmental to kids who come from homes where the parents are not together. My poor nephew has been treated like a dog at this place. Thank god this is the last week.

Posted December 14, 2010
This is a great school! The teachers are very caring. This school has a great educational program and promotes high standards for students to learn and achieve success!

Posted January 06, 2010
Both of my daughters attend school there. They love it!! I am another parent that wishes they were not moving. I also work downtown and with all the traffic the move will not work for us either. I am very sad about it but praying that something else will work out. Maybe extend there after-school hours to 6:30?

Posted May 19, 2009
My daughter has been attending Northwood Academy since she was 2 and is starting 1st grade this year. This school is excellent! The teachers and staff could not be better. My daughter has passed other children educationally who are older than she is. The curriculum is far better than ever imagined! I only wish they were not rebuilding in their chosen location. Unfortunately we will not be able to keep our daughter at the school w/ the increased tuition and the fact that I work downtown - it won't work. I definately recommend this school.

Posted March 09, 2008
This is an excellent school. Excellent academics with a Biblical basis. We wish they were not rebuilding in such an inconvenient location. Between tuition increases and the new location, we will probably not be able to keep our child in this school long term. We will continue to pray that the Lord works something out.

2263 Otranto Rd, Charleston, SC  29406