Charleston, SC
Students enrolled: 1,861

Posted April 19, 2014
Great academic programs and extracurricular activities! West Ashley HS has a excellent selection of academic programs including AP Academy , Careers and Technology, Fine Arts, etc, etc.

Posted August 18, 2013
this school was very bad i absolutely hated it The teacher didnt care much for the students or their education and much violence my Son will never attend this school Ever

Posted May 06, 2013
West Ashley High School is under valued and under appreciated. The Advance Placement and Dual Credit courses are exceptional. The engineering course offering is excellent. The NJROTC program and it's instructors are a top notch, award winning operation. The Math department, tutoring and principal are worth their weight in gold!

West Ashley High School 2

Posted May 29, 2012
My son will be a junior in the upcoming school year. He has surrounded himself with great friends who share his vision in achieving their future goals and that has made the difference. Also, my husband and I stay involved with the school and interact with the teachers through conferences and emails. So far we have had no major difficulties. As with all school environments, there are always a few bad apples but we deal with them. Kudos to the Young Gentlemen's Club which is one of many positive organizations at the school.

Posted July 14, 2011
I agree with the review posted 2/9/10. There is LOTS of apathy at this school. The CP classes are not geared towards students who plan to attend a 4-year college. The Guidance department is just taking up space in the building. The "guidance" my child received was a joke. If you're shopping for a school for your college-bound student, look elsewhere.

West Ashley High School 3

Posted February 09, 2010
I am currently a senior at West Ashley. I'm a native of Charleston and I've attended public schools since elementary. Like any thing there's always the good and bad. Over the years I feel that at West Ashley the good is beginning to outweigh the bad. There has been an influx of students from North Charleston taking away from the community feel at West Ashley. There is also a wave of apathy among students, with little to no school spirit. If your child is placed in CP classes, don't plan on them going to a four year college. I've taken both AP and CP classes and CP teachers don't even take their students seriously. If you even chose to take let's say five AP courses, you can't because guidance does a poor job of fixing scheduling. The only good thing about WA is the career opps programs, the band, some sports.

Posted February 07, 2010

West Ashley High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
i love my school it might not always be a good day or a day that i wanna go or something but i love it the teacher really prepare us for college and to be someone in life and not just some child in the streets they encourage us to do so much more with out life that i can say i like my school a lot. you might hear about a fight here or there but i mean come on this is high school and who hasnt. honestly you cant stop a fight if you do ont know about it!!

Posted August 20, 2009
I'm a Junior at West Ashley who moved here out of state in my Sophomore year. I have to say West Ashley offers numerous specialized and career oriented courses that I know I wouldn't have the option to take in the majority of schools out of state. I'm an honor student taking 3 AP classes and many classes that should prepare me for the career I've always wanted. If I was elsewhere I don't think I'd have most any of the ones I have here. It's an excellent school with teachers who really know the subjects they're teaching and some are even really passionate about them (of course this is from my experience, I obviously haven't taken every class and had every teacher). In the end that's what I'm looking for in an education, not a guidance counselor that's readily available if I feel the need to complain.

Posted January 08, 2009

West Ashley High School
4060 West Wildcat Blvd, Charleston, SC  29414
Last modified West Ashley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Ashley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top