Charleston, SC

Posted April 26, 2015
Very poor. Your child will not be educated in this school nor safe. The administration themselves do not seem to be educated.

Posted February 24, 2011
As a former teacher at St. Andrews I can honestly say that you could not pay me enough to send my child to this school!!!!! Horrible students with violent actions. I had children on house-arrest in classes and I was physically and verbally assaulted consistently!! With the departure of Bragg and the arrival of Ryan things have gone down even further! Bragg was the best thing about this school for many years and he is gone...... PLEASE take this warning!!!! DO NOT SEND YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS a majority of students are bussed in from other "not good" parts of Charleston.

Posted July 15, 2010
I sent my child to this school with great hopes that it would live up to the expetations that were set during a PTA meeting. I had heard horrible stories about disruptive students, lack of facility involvement, lack of communication between teachers and administrative staff and that the school does not provide a safe environment. I am sad to say that it is all true and I experienced it first hand. Not one, not two, but three seperate incidents. This school is a long way from being satisfactory!

St. Andrews Middle School 5

Posted May 24, 2009
I've been a student here for two years now and I love the school.Mr.Bragg is an amazing principal.The academics at the school are amazing. There are so many good classes that are going to be in the school next year.I reccommend the school to every middle schooler out there!!!

Posted May 08, 2009
I have gone to this school for two years and i am finally moving up to ninth grade. Things have really improved over time . wWe have academically gotten stronger. Saftey as im concernes is good now. Im not the most popular kids but i dont get bullyed it seems that the eigth grade now accepts you as who you are

Posted January 30, 2009
I am totally applaud at the conditions at SAMS.. They outside appearance of the school looks nice however spend an entire day and see the real results. Our children are failing and the school system is only cocerned about money. We do have a few parents that volunteer their time, but they are only a few. More participation from parents are needed NOW.

St. Andrews Middle School 5

Posted January 27, 2009
This is the best school my chid went at and i am going to tell everbody about it

Posted August 04, 2007
My children have attended St. Andrew's Middle (WAIS) for the past five years. There have been many changes, change is good go with it. Mr. Bragg has made some amazing changes for the students and the school with little or no help from parents. I have not seen parent involvment at all unless they're complaining. I have experienced first hand the lack of respect from the kids and the total lack of support from parents. Stop focusing on other schools and help make our schools better.

Posted August 06, 2006
They've renamed the school and rezoned in the hopes of less enrollment of the 'problem children'; but they've kept the same teachers, the same principal and administrative staff. That's funny. Well, those middle-class parents will soon understand that sheep are as tactful as the shephard that 'leads' them. I am a parent that was very involved with my children and insisted that all teachers call me at any time for any reason. I saw firsthand, the attitudes of many of the teachers there and I must say that any parent that did not do 'drop in visits', would believe anything the staff told them. I encourage all parents to be active in your children's lives in and out of school. As for this 'change' WAIS think they've orchestrated....well, I will just sit back and enjoy watching from the schools of Mt. Pleasant.

Posted July 10, 2006
I taught at West Ashley Intermediate school three years ago. It was the worst year of my life as a teacher. There was absolutely no support from administration or parents.

721 Wappoo Rd, Charleston, SC  29407
Last modified St. Andrews Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Andrews Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top