Charleston, SC

Posted January 13, 2011
my son graduated last year to west ashley middle school and now in 9th grade at west ashley high school and has been getting A's in geometry class and teacher want him to move to 10th grade level . Thank s to Miss Lebrun for being a hard teacher . " way to go WAMS "

West Ashley Middle School 4

Posted March 04, 2010
WAMS gets better each year and is known for turning kids around who are heading in the wrong direction. The staff truly cares about the students and will go over and beyond to see the kids succeed!

West Ashley Middle School 0

Posted September 09, 2009
west ashley is the bomb diggity. i went there for my 8th grade year and the whole school is awesome. i wish i could of gone there for another year

Posted July 05, 2009

Posted November 10, 2008
This is not a five star school and I disagree with the posting July 15, 2008. I do agree Mrs. Coker has tried. I say don't just look around, sit in a few of the classes! Parents, please get involved.... This school needs help.

West Ashley Middle School 4

Posted August 25, 2008
WAMS is making a huge turn-around with the new leadership and excellent staff. It is a pleasure to work at West Ashley Middle.

Posted July 15, 2008
This school has done a great turn around in the years that I have known it. I'll try to be brief but accurate. Security for the campus has improved so much that all teachers and most students say they feel very safe. The principal (Mrs. Coker) has created many clubs so the students would have a sense of belonging. The school has tried to get the parents to interact with the school and I have seen more parents on campus this year than for the past 5. I say stop by and look around the campus and see for yourself..

Posted July 12, 2008

West Ashley Middle School 0

Posted July 05, 2007
I have been a student at West Ashley Middle School for a year going on two. Kids misbehave and they do spend a lot of time on it such as the disciplining. Teachers and the faculty care about the grades. The first nine weeks only about 4 of my peers including myself got the honor roll. But the last nine weeks it was probably 10 or so. They give us time so we can pull our grades up. some teachers even give up their Saturdays. WAMS is a good school.

Posted April 10, 2007

West Ashley Middle School
1776 William Kennerly Dr, Charleston, SC  29407
Last modified West Ashley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Ashley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top