Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted August 08, 2015
From day one it was clear that the six grade principal didn't care about are student. I don't even know to this day with the school principal was ...completely uninvolved. The teachers have no control over the studentS. boys were making inappropriate sexual noises throughout the year and practically nothing was done to change it until the school year was almost oveR. Bullying was such a problem students were pulled out of school and move to others because they were victims of it. There was no true concern for education. It's like the teachers were forced to pass student even if they had no idea what was going on. If my child did not even do her homework whatsoever she would still receive 50% credit for it. Teachers even awarded student just because they like them. My student received awards for the highest average in making an a in the class when she didn't even have it. I'm glad they liked my student I love her myself. But the way it was going about made me feel like it was more favoring then the education that I sent her to school For. She won't be attending seventh grade there we have already pulled her out. I feel at her new school her teachers will love her but also give her the education she needs and deserves.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 31, 2015
My son don't have homework for weeks at a time. And I have asked about it

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
They don't protect the kids from bullying and I know from first hand because it's happening to my son and some other kids also.

Posted May 31, 2015
This school is so bad. That I'm trying to find another school for my son to go to.. he has had things stolen from him and nothing was done to the kid that took it.. this is the worse school to go to. Even other parents are pulling their kids from this school also.. my son went from straight A and B to Ds and crying for my to take him out of this school. And my son use to love school..

West Ashley Middle School 5

Posted January 13, 2011
my son graduated last year to west ashley middle school and now in 9th grade at west ashley high school and has been getting A's in geometry class and teacher want him to move to 10th grade level . Thank s to Miss Lebrun for being a hard teacher . " way to go WAMS "

West Ashley Middle School 4

Posted March 04, 2010
WAMS gets better each year and is known for turning kids around who are heading in the wrong direction. The staff truly cares about the students and will go over and beyond to see the kids succeed!

Posted September 09, 2009
west ashley is the bomb diggity. i went there for my 8th grade year and the whole school is awesome. i wish i could of gone there for another year

Posted November 10, 2008
This is not a five star school and I disagree with the posting July 15, 2008. I do agree Mrs. Coker has tried. I say don't just look around, sit in a few of the classes! Parents, please get involved.... This school needs help.

West Ashley Middle School 4

Posted August 25, 2008
WAMS is making a huge turn-around with the new leadership and excellent staff. It is a pleasure to work at West Ashley Middle.

West Ashley Middle School 5

Posted July 15, 2008
This school has done a great turn around in the years that I have known it. I'll try to be brief but accurate. Security for the campus has improved so much that all teachers and most students say they feel very safe. The principal (Mrs. Coker) has created many clubs so the students would have a sense of belonging. The school has tried to get the parents to interact with the school and I have seen more parents on campus this year than for the past 5. I say stop by and look around the campus and see for yourself..

1776 William Kennerly Dr, Charleston, SC  29407
Last modified West Ashley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.