Charleston, SC
Before care: Yes

Posted August 15, 2014
Cathedral Academy is an amazing place for learning and spiritual growth for kids. I have loved being a part of the staff and feel so blessed that my own kids get to attend the school. I highly recommend this school if you are looking for high quality academics in a christian environment.

Posted August 15, 2014
Cathedral Academy provided an excellent education and Biblically sound foundation for my child during her five years of Lower School attendance. When she transferred to a public school system for her Upper School years, she was very well prepared and was tested into the gifted programs of the district, due to the great preparation that she had. Cathedral's small class sizes lend personal attention from the teachers to the students and allows them to create a bond of trust. Partnership with the administration, teachers, parents, and students is a top priority of the school and its effectiveness is reflected in the family-style atmosphere. I feel blessed that my child was a part of the Cathedral family and would highly recommend this school to others.

Cathedral Academy 1

Posted May 06, 2014
Cathedral Academy was good when I was 5. They need to begin to look at the big picture and realize that if they do not do something soon, the school will not be around for much longer.

Cathedral Academy 1

Posted April 15, 2014
This school allows bullying of their students!!! They tend to always look the other way. I will not let my child attend a school that allows bullying!!

Posted June 24, 2013
After moving several times throughout my life, and attending and visiting several schools up and down the east coast, it is with confidence that I say that Cathedral Academy is one of the most outstanding christian schools I have ever been to. Cathedral Academy offers their students an environment for learning that is in a class all its own. The teachers and staff are so passionate about Kingdom Education and ensuring that each child reaches their fullest potential. Teachers do more than teaching at this school, they build relationships with their students, and journey with them to help them uncover their God given dreams and gifts. I have been a part of Cathedral Academy for three years, and in those three years I have watched young lives change for eternity. Cathedral's weekly chapels are so full of life and passion, the teachers are always available to students, and their curriculum is excellent. A biblical worldview permeates throughout each class and subject taught. And the students at Cathedral Academy are not only prepared for college but they are also prepared for life beyond college. I HIGHLY recommend Cathedral Academy and I am thankful that such great school exists!!!

Posted June 15, 2013
After having tried Public School, Homeschool, and another local Private Christian School, we decided to enroll our children into Cathedral Academy the day it opened. Being familiar with the church, and their Vision to journey with people to walk in the destiny that was designed for them, we made the financial sacrifice and enrolled all of our children. Our youngest just graduated last year, and all I can say is that it was worth every penny! Our children were not only prepared for college, but life as well! They were prepared academically, emotionally, and spiritually. The temptations that college can present have not been issues, because of the values that were instilled in them not only at home, but in school as well. It was wonderful to know that the staff was partnering right along with what we were teaching and training at home; Biblical values in all aspects of daily life. The teachers never hesitated to meet with us when necessary, and were always quick to respond to emails. The use of Gradebook.com made it possible to always know our child's grades and assignments. I HIGHLY recommend CA!!!!!!! Great Parents + Great School= Great Kids!!!!!!

Posted June 15, 2013
My child has attended Cathedral Academy for a large portion of their schooling and we could not be happier with a school, public or private! When we researched other schools there was not one that compared in preparing my child for the 'real world" academically, spiritually, physically and emotionally. The vision of the administration is clearly evident all the way down to the volunteers who give their hearts and time to continuously improve and stay on top of what is best for the student as a whole person. There is so much to think about when it comes to where to send my child for the majority of their day and what is going to be put inside of them, not only academically but spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. i am proud of my child and who they are becoming and the way this school and the people God has placed there are helping them to become who God purposed for them to be! Thank you for such a real and wonderful environment for one of the most important people in my life, my child!

Cathedral Academy 3

Posted May 12, 2013
We were so upset at this school and the administration on how they handle things. One certain teacher gets away with everything they do, no matter how awful it is just because of who she is married to!! This has come from more than just me, many other families feel the same way and have either already left mid year or won't be returning! The education that we are paying for isn't worth the money!! After this year, we will NOT be going back to this school. After looking at our other options in the area, even the public schools are more advanced than this school. The children will be so far behind and I just can't see paying for a huge disappointment! My child deserves so much more and better than this schools education and the administration. They do not care too much for the families and there needs or concerns and they should as we are the ones that are paying them for there "service"!! Please, don't waste your time or money on this school!!!

Cathedral Academy 2

Posted December 14, 2010
My child has attended for 3 years and after this year will be attending a different private school. The academics could be more challenging. There could be more clubs or activities offered. There has been problems with bullying that should be addressed differently. I would love to have organization and buses used for away sporting events. Given the small school size there are cliques, that may or may not be beneficial to your student's success.

Posted September 30, 2009
This school has a great environment and just an all around great school. I will send all my children here for every year of school! I have seem the school just continue to inprove every year!

Cathedral Academy