Bad
Good

I have never had so much confusion and trouble transferring my grandchildren school started on the 15th of August. My 2 boys didn't get to start until a month later. There is no school work being sent home of what their doing or done nothing I wrote in one of the boys weekly book asking on the 16th of how many children in their class as I will send snacks. I finally got a response on the 29th which they say they responded on the 28th that's a lie. I look everyday in the book waiting on a response. And then to top it off. No bus today. I call the school they say oh bus trouble call Durham bus lines well that's a joke. I'm still waiting on them to return my call from last week on the 21st from an incident that happen on the bus. So I'm not a happy person and that's why only 1 star if it was my choice a 0 star Thanks

We have been involved with this school for 3 years. My kids have excelled at this school because of the amazing teachers and administrators. This school has helped my kids fall in love with learning and be the best students they can be. Every teacher, assistant, or staff that I have come in contact with has been very kind and helpful. Our family is moving and I am really going to miss this amazing school!

I like the teachers and princial at Oakland. However, this year the teachers seem to get carried away with the point system and forget that these are JUST kids. As an adult, I forget things all the time. My daughter forgot her fork. She then ate her lunch with her hands because they would take away her points. Also, the after school program was great at first but then the teacher had no tolerance for questions. It became a child care center instead of homework help center. Im glad this year is almost over.

Last modified Oakland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.