Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My children attended a local "prestigious" private school for a couple of years before enrolling at HVES, and I can honestly say that HVES is as challenging (if not more challenging) than what we experienced at the private school. The quality of education is outstanding at HVES! The administration, teachers, support, and community are top notch. I just wish we had made the move sooner!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is part of the character education program that is well taught.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I have no personal experience, but I do have contact with families who are very pleased with this support.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

It is the most communicative and approachable administration I have ever encountered.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I love the way that the school encourages learning about building strong character and how the school reinforces these lessons.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My children have had wonderful success with each of their teachers.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Realistic homework expectations. Also, the quality of homework assignments aligns well with what is being taught.

LOVE Harbor View. The principal, Lara Latto is an excellent leader and very approachable and sets the tone for a wonderful school environment. It's a very positive place to be. I have one child who excels in school and has been challenged all along and one child who struggles in school and the services provided to both children have been appropriate and helpful. Parent involvement is high at this school and has a great community feel. The building is new and very nice.

I have a 3rd grader who previously attended a small private school. It has been an adjustment both academically and structure wise. I could not have made a better choice. The school teacher, guidance counselor, nurse, and principal have all shown a great deal of support and together, my son has already come a long way. My only regret is that I wish I would have started him there sooner. I am very grateful to have him at Harbor View Elementary!

Harbor View Elementary is an exemplary school. The staff is very engaging and supportive to both students and parents. My grandson is flourishing there.

Last modified Harbor View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.