Bad
Good

Posted January 15, 2015
Located to Clover from upstate NY. We were given a personal tour from the assistant principal, who showed us the entire school and answered all out questions. My children have only been attending Griggs Rd Elementary for 6 months but so far, we are very pleased! All the staff are so friendly! Looking forward to what the future brings for my children!

Posted January 08, 2014
I love Griggs Road. We left Charlotte b/c of overcrowding, teachers who just don't really care and my kid being overlooked so none-learning students could get more attention. Love the small town community and teachers (minus 1 or 2), principal and staff are wonderful. Always greeted with a smile by front desk, principal seems to k ow almost every students name and friendly to me when I visit. Mrs. GLEN always smiling when you enter. My son's teachers always take time to answer my emails and offer help, I love that they offer tutoring classes. Just wish some of the parents would take responsibility for their own children's actions and discipline when needed, teachers ARE NOT babysitters. Overall a great school!

Posted August 22, 2013
Griggs Road Elementry is a great school with great Teachers. My son has Mrs. Peterson this year and we are off to another great start. The office staff is so helpful.

Posted January 29, 2012
This school is the best, I couldn't be any happier with the Griggs Road! The teachers and staff are so friendly and great with the children. Both my children wake up happy to go to school and learn. My son has progressed greatly duue to the awesome teachers that he has had. The only thing I would want more of is, after-school programs such as music lessons, specialty classes. I would even pay for them if they were available. My vote is for Griggs!!

Griggs Road Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2011
Despite a great beginning, this school did not live up to it's reputation for us. I have a straight A student and teachers during our first couple of years really worked with him and encouraged his abilities. Too bad this year we had a teacher that saw him as a chance to relax and let him float along. His scores were still high but we saw a 50% reduction in his growth rate when compared to his first three years there. We opted to choose private school next year. In doing so, we needed to get transcripts and letters of recommendation. The mood definitely changed after that - no longer were we welcomed with hellos and smiles, it became forced kindness or simple silence. What a shame. We did have some great teachers but ran into a poor one this year.

Posted October 10, 2010
Griggs Road Elementary is special-mainly due to the love and attention given by the staff. Your child is not only learning but also being given the love that you would give at home. The first thing your child is given at birth--is love and attention--and it goes on at tis school. I am never worried about leaving my child at school-because I know they will be given what we give at our home. How great a feeling.

Posted September 17, 2009
Absolute BEST Teachers & Staff! Just like Family!

Griggs Road Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2007
My son's Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Adams was the best teacher ever, and her assistant, Mrs. Deal was awesome also. They use positive reinforcement vs. negative punishment whenever possible. The staff and parents are friendly but clickish. A lot of pressure on the test scores.

Posted January 10, 2007
My son is in the Developmental Kindergarten for special needs children, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the teachers. Not to mention, I have been trying to find a program for my son for 2 years in York County, and went through Psychologists, Play Therapy, the list goes on. When my son started this year, I tried not to get too excited for fear of another failed attempt to help him, but Ms. Gibson and her Assistant Teachers have exceeded my expectations and my son is thriving. Also, they have an Autism Specialist on staff. The program slowly integrates my son into mainstream, which has been wonderful. My only qualms were with the Speech Department. My son tested at a 3 yr.old level and was denied treatment. However, those are state-regulated guidelines and would be the same at any school in S.C.

Griggs Road Elementary School 1

Posted April 25, 2006
Just like most people, at first look I was impressed with this school. Parent involvement is high here and there is beautiful artwork gracing the halls as proof of artistic achievement, however if your child has special needs, then theres a good chance that this school will disappoint you. Some of the teachers do not seem to want to accomodate a child that requires a little extra assistance. Everything is rosy at this school until you disagree with the powers that be and then your liable to see it rear it's ugly head!

100 Griggs Rd, Clover, SC  29710
Last modified Griggs Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.