Clover, SC

Posted November 24, 2014
I am very fortunate to teach with an amazing staff at Kinard. Each child at Kinard has an opportunity to be a leader because our staff implements the 7 Habits. Students can find their leadership roles in the classroom, school clubs, after school activities, or apply for leadership roles. One of the best ways students and teachers keep in check is by keeping student leadership data notebooks. Students and teachers set academic goals as well as personal goals together. It is a great tool for planning, showing achievement, setting the bar higher for future goals, and learning how responsibility and accountability go hand and hand.

Posted November 23, 2014
My school is amazing! We are developing leaders each day as we strive for greatness! Our students have confidence like none others because the teachers truly believe in each child. You couldn't find a better school if you tried!

Posted November 23, 2014
My school is amazing! We follow Franklin Covey's 7 Habits, and leadership is present in and out of our school. The teachers truly all work as a team for our students, who we think of as our own children. I couldn't be prouder to work at such a wonderful school that puts children first and that encourages and molds them into the successful leaders they can become.

Posted November 23, 2014
Kinard is a top notch school with a fantastic staff. Kinard cares about each and every student. Test scores show what a fantastic education students are receiving. Thank you Kinard for all you do for students!

Posted November 23, 2014
Kinard Elementary provides every student with an education that prepares them for Middle School, high school, and career. With an outstanding faculty that responds to each and every student's academic needs. They have unique clubs and opportunities that give every student a chance to display their unique talents and skills from music, chorus, art, juggling, theater, photography, leadership roles, news broadcasting, coding, and talent shows. Excellent school.

Posted March 24, 2014
From the Principal on down, the entire staff is amazing. Mrs. Weathers implemented a "7 Habits of Successful People" leadership program and has woven it into the entire lesson plan for all grades (even Pre-K!!!) This is a Title 1 school so a high percentage of the students are on free or reduced lunch, but the care that the teachers provide for all students can overcome other life circumstances in their lives. I am grateful to have had both of my children attend this school. The PTA is highly involved in all school activities and provides resources to the student (they bought the beginning of the year school supplies for many students.)

Posted November 06, 2013
This is a wonderful school. The Principal is amazing (Mrs Weathers). She knows every child in that school by name, very impressive. She is passionate and truly cares for these kids. My child has been attending this school for 5 yrs now. The only incident that made me uneasy is the lack of attention to a teacher we had last yr for 4th grade. My child has always had amazing grades but seemed to suffer in this particular teachers class. This teacher in question was LOTS of fun but not so sure about his quality of teaching. I did write in to the school about this problem but I never heard a word back. It was a long school yr. I am so happy to say this yr we are back to getting A's. :) Amazing set of 5th grade teachers!! My child looks forward to going to school every day. And I have no doubt the staff in this school are the reason. Sorry we will have to leave it next yr for dreaded middle school. : ( LOL

Posted November 05, 2013
I am a parent of a preschooler, and was also a student at Kinard. When I faced the decision of whether or not to send my 4 year old to Pre-K, after she had stayed home with me all her life, I became sick to my stomach. I registered her, thinking she probably wouldn't get in, because they usually only accept a certain number of students. She was accepted, and from day one, I have been more than pleased with her teachers, other staff and administrators. I couldn't imagine sending my child anywhere else to school! She wakes up every morning, ready for school and so eager to learn. What an awesome feeling for a mom who was apprehensive about sending their child to Pre-K!!!

Kinard Elementary School 2

Posted June 17, 2013
Be careful of sending your kids here...Looks good as long as you don't make waves....

Posted May 02, 2013
Kinard is amazing! Ms. Weathers, the principal, is an exceptional leader and motivator. Her enthusiasm and professional flows thoroughly the school and is evident in the staff & students. Throughout the year there are program that provide recognition and encouragement to the students and allow for a time of fellowship among the families. The entire population learns and embraces the 7 habits plus the teachers & administration practice the love & logic approach (and offer training & guidance to parents in the same) as an empathetic approach to accountability. It is an older school but very well taken care of. I have experienced many schools, both public. & private and Kinard is the best environment I have found for my children.

Kinard Elementary School
201 Pressly St, Clover, SC  29710
Last modified Kinard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kinard Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top