Clover High School

Public | 9-12 | 1901 students

Posted May 22, 2014

Coming from the Northeast we were concerned about the quality of South Carolina schools given what we hear on the news. Clover High is a great school. Better than most back up North. All of York County Schools are actually pretty good. My kids have participated in sports and music programs. The system has grown rather large. Those considering Clover need to understand the community they are moving to. You have rural folks who have been here for generations and you have lots of transplants that live in more expensive homes around Lake Wylie. The Lake folks want their own High School hence the complaints about class sizes. I think they will eventually get their wish. It frankly seems motivated by snobbishness; people not wanting their kids associating with the rural "rednecks". Clover is a great school and we are glad we moved here.

Posted November 20, 2013

This school is not so great. If you have a child or children that may have some sort of disability, no matter how slight. Some teachers openly harass some students. If your child has a disability and might fall behind, very few of the teachers actually care to help the student/ your child. You can forget the upper management/ principle and his cadre, he is more interested in getting some title more than helping your child. The same for his cadre, just give them a title and that is all they are interested in. Assaults on students by other students just keep it quite, the sheriff's office will help, especially if their little jocks are involved. Broom stick anyone? Studnets harassing other students,hey some teacher's will help by laughing at the harassment and not correcting the harasser. Needs state or federal investigation done of this school.

Posted September 20, 2013

The school has grown to big, is over-crowded, and there is a noticeable difference between the two Middle Schools that feed the high school. Obviously a new high school needs to be built on the Lake Wylie side. Academically the school is acceptable if you are in the AP program, otherwise its "Lord of the Flies" with 600 kids per grade. The AP teachers are very good. If you want to play sports, and I mean play not be on the team as a participant you better know someone. It's all who you know, good ole' boy network here. The Athletic progam as a whole is poorly run, extremely unorganized, out-dated, and just plain out-classed by the surrounding schools. Having had experience with other high schools, this one is kind of in the middle, depends on what you are looking for. If you like big schools, good AP programs, and you have no interest in athletics then you will like Clover HS. Overall it's average at best.

Posted June 12, 2010

I graduated from Clover High over 10 years ago. Being in the education field now in a different area, I see things around me that make me feel all the more fortunate that I am a product of the school and the district. Apparently, many others have caught on. The student body was barely over 1,000 when I was in school, and now it's approaching 2,000. Teachers challenged us, and students took the initiative to challenge themselves through tough course loads and extracurricular activities. I am proud to be a Clover High graduate and I must say I was well prepared for college and life beyond high school because of what I learned during my 4 years as a Blue Eagle!

Posted October 12, 2009

Going to Clover High really made my time in high school amazing and I couldn't have dreamed of a better experience. The faculty and staff I think are among some of the best in the state. The fine arts program is wonderful with both winning state championships and awarsds. Sports have great coaches and are highly competitive in esp. in York County.

Posted September 17, 2009

We have high academic standards and wonderful sports and music programs, we always rank in the top of the state.

Posted September 16, 2009

I attended Clover High and loved it! Now I see so many kids that are going there too and loving learning!!

Posted September 16, 2009

Awesome teachers and use of technology to enable learning.

Posted September 16, 2009

My first year- I'm a freshman- but this school is awesome. I love my teachers, I love the atmosphere. I LOVE MS. WYLIE AND MS. THOMPSON!

Posted April 2, 2009

We are being relocated to another state and we dread leaving Clover -- I have two sophomores who will be entering another school, and it's really hard to imagine leaving here. Clover provides a great environment for its students to explore various interests, including great extracurricular (award-winning Choraliers are exceptional, in particular) and sports programs (football, track & field, cross country, soccer, basketball, soft- & baseball, tennis, swimming, golf). The community feels small-town, but there are many newcomers from all corners of the country and a few from international locations. Therefore, being welcomed into Clover High School doesn't present the challenges that might be expected. New elementary and middle schools are opening in the fall, too! I miss Clover already...

Posted November 6, 2008

Clover High is the best!!! I am a sophmore and this is my 2nd year here and I absolutely love it. The students, faculty, and staff are all extra nice and they made me feel like I was home so I think them for that> I didn't feel left out.Let's go all the way Eagles(again)!!! Way to go Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 1, 2007

I am a senior at Clover High School, I have lived here all of my life. I would never think to put my children in a different school district (as of when I have children) I will continue to live here even after high school and college and plan to go to York Tech. I believe that, all of the schools have great staff, Teachers and students. Even though there are a lot of students teachers try and make it a point to get one on one time with their students as much as possible!

Posted January 30, 2007

Clover High is an excellent school that strives to provide a high quality education for all students. The administration and facility is top notch. They are focused on student achievement and make themselves available for individual assistance as needed. Students have ample opportunities to choose from a wide variety of academic and extracurricular activities. Parents have opportunities to participate as they desire from School Improvement Council to extracurricular activities. The over all experience at Clover High has inspired my daughter to become a future teacher!

Posted June 23, 2004

My four sons attended Clover. It provides a well rounded education. Each student can get as much out of high school as they would like. It offers long distance learning with college credit, and AP courses, with college credit if 3+ scores are achieved on the AP tests. Clover has a new Applied technology Center that offers skill developing opportunities for student that prefer a job or technical school upon graduation. Extracurricula and sports are all competitive at the state level and have won many championships. This year the girls tennis team was State champs. CHS continues to strive for einners in ALL categories, i.e. scholastic as well as athletics.

Posted May 3, 2004

Great school! The kids have a variety of classes, sports and clubs to make anyone feel welcome and successful. Overall the kids are good kids! They have teachers that care and build rapport with the students. Friday night football games are the best as the whole community comes out to support the team.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 91% in 2013.

458 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

458 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % level 2, 3, or 4

In 2012-2013 South Carolina used the High School Assessment Program (HSAP) to test grade 10 students in English/Language Arts and Math. The HSAP is a high school graduation requirement. The HSAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of South Carolina. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficiency level 2.

English/Language Arts

English language learners100%
Proficient in English92%
Not migrant92%
Scale: % level 2, 3, or 4

The different student groups are identified by the South Carolina Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

151 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Applied Biology

The state average for Applied Biology was 55% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 80% in 2013.

414 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 77% in 2013.

287 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Mathematics for the Technologies 2

The state average for Mathematics for the Technologies 2 was 67% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 60% in 2011.

680 students were tested at this school in 2011.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 95% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History and Government

The state average for U.S. History and Government was 57% in 2013.

430 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: %D, C, B, A

In 2012-2013 South Carolina used the End-of-Course Examination Program (EOCEP) to test middle and high school students in Algebra I, Mathematics for the Technologies II, Biology I, English I, US History, and US History and Government. The EOCEP provides tests in high school core courses and for courses taken in middle school for high school credit. The EOCEP is a standards-based test program, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of South Carolina. The goal is for all students to score a C or above.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%