Clover, SC
Students enrolled: 1,901

Clover High School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Coming from the Northeast we were concerned about the quality of South Carolina schools given what we hear on the news. Clover High is a great school. Better than most back up North. All of York County Schools are actually pretty good. My kids have participated in sports and music programs. The system has grown rather large. Those considering Clover need to understand the community they are moving to. You have rural folks who have been here for generations and you have lots of transplants that live in more expensive homes around Lake Wylie. The Lake folks want their own High School hence the complaints about class sizes. I think they will eventually get their wish. It frankly seems motivated by snobbishness; people not wanting their kids associating with the rural "rednecks". Clover is a great school and we are glad we moved here.

Clover High School 1

Posted November 20, 2013
This school is not so great. If you have a child or children that may have some sort of disability, no matter how slight. Some teachers openly harass some students. If your child has a disability and might fall behind, very few of the teachers actually care to help the student/ your child. You can forget the upper management/ principle and his cadre, he is more interested in getting some title more than helping your child. The same for his cadre, just give them a title and that is all they are interested in. Assaults on students by other students just keep it quite, the sheriff's office will help, especially if their little jocks are involved. Broom stick anyone? Studnets harassing other students,hey some teacher's will help by laughing at the harassment and not correcting the harasser. Needs state or federal investigation done of this school.

Clover High School 3

Posted September 20, 2013
The school has grown to big, is over-crowded, and there is a noticeable difference between the two Middle Schools that feed the high school. Obviously a new high school needs to be built on the Lake Wylie side. Academically the school is acceptable if you are in the AP program, otherwise its "Lord of the Flies" with 600 kids per grade. The AP teachers are very good. If you want to play sports, and I mean play not be on the team as a participant you better know someone. It's all who you know, good ole' boy network here. The Athletic progam as a whole is poorly run, extremely unorganized, out-dated, and just plain out-classed by the surrounding schools. Having had experience with other high schools, this one is kind of in the middle, depends on what you are looking for. If you like big schools, good AP programs, and you have no interest in athletics then you will like Clover HS. Overall it's average at best.

Posted June 12, 2010
I graduated from Clover High over 10 years ago. Being in the education field now in a different area, I see things around me that make me feel all the more fortunate that I am a product of the school and the district. Apparently, many others have caught on. The student body was barely over 1,000 when I was in school, and now it's approaching 2,000. Teachers challenged us, and students took the initiative to challenge themselves through tough course loads and extracurricular activities. I am proud to be a Clover High graduate and I must say I was well prepared for college and life beyond high school because of what I learned during my 4 years as a Blue Eagle!

Posted October 12, 2009
Going to Clover High really made my time in high school amazing and I couldn't have dreamed of a better experience. The faculty and staff I think are among some of the best in the state. The fine arts program is wonderful with both winning state championships and awarsds. Sports have great coaches and are highly competitive in esp. in York County.

Posted September 17, 2009
We have high academic standards and wonderful sports and music programs, we always rank in the top of the state.

Posted September 16, 2009
I attended Clover High and loved it! Now I see so many kids that are going there too and loving learning!!

Posted September 16, 2009
Awesome teachers and use of technology to enable learning.

Posted September 16, 2009
My first year- I'm a freshman- but this school is awesome. I love my teachers, I love the atmosphere. I LOVE MS. WYLIE AND MS. THOMPSON!

Posted July 20, 2009

Clover High School
1625 Hwy 55, Clover, SC  29710
Last modified Clover High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clover High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top