7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Wouldn't have my children anywhere else! I absolutely love what Cardinal Newman offers my 9th and 7th grade kids!

I am a CNHS graduate (class of 1982). MOST of my teachers were great. Yes, there were a few exceptions but overall the standard was high.

My child has had a tough time with this school due to the lack of true teachers. The facilities are falling apart and the restrooms along with the boys locker rooms are atrocious. The administration promotes the school to be something that it just can not be due to the fact that it will not spend money, and are accepting kids that should not be at the school in the first place. I pulled my kid out of there after just 2 years.

we have been very pleased with CN. The school is old and the new campus will offer even more opportunities. We have had one child graduate from CN and is a honors student in college. Our second child is in high school there and is very happy .

Facilities showing their age, but Academics are superb. My child has been there for a few years now and is performing quite well. Teachers are excellent and they maintain high standards. A significant amount of homework and quality test performance is expected for all students and discipline is closely enforced. My child is in a number of AP courses and those classes are far more demanding than what I ever had at that age (and I have master's level engineering education from a major college). There are numerous clubs and sports opportunities available for students at the middle school and HS level, and an encouraging staff of administrators, AD and coaches. While this school doesn't have the resources of a large public HS, it does well with what it does have. Parents are encouraged to be involved with the school's activities. The new HS will be a huge step up and is probably within a year or so of starting construction. I'm pleased with what CNS offers and we wouldn't consider anything else.

Excellent school community. Much is expected of students, and ample support is given to ensure success. I highly recommend Cardinal Newman.

Every student is important to the faculty. They know the students by name and care about their well-being. They encourage the students to do their best and many have been extremely successful in gaining admission to some of the most prestigious schools in the country (including West Point, and the US Naval Academy). The buildings are old, but the faculty and school spirit are great. New school campus will be opening soon.

The teachers and faculty WANT every student to succeed. They will accommodate for kids with learning differences. It is a good fit for the high achievers as well as those who are more challenged. They are more progressive than any other school in their teaching methods. Bullying is not tolerated. Acceptance, civility and Christian values are highly emphasized. submitted by Mary Alice Edmonds, parent

This is a good school. Not a great school, but a solid one. It offers a lot of religious courses to build a strong foundation for kids. It does not offer as many AP courses as surrounding schools. The teachers are involved. I am still friends with one of my teachers. The school has a lot of spirit activities. There are some bad apples at this school. Some of the kids, like any school, do bad things on the weekend and sometimes at school. I feel as though they let too many kids that have been expelled or asked to leave from others schools come to CN. I know that the teachers care about the students, which is its biggest asset. What would make this school better would be more AP and honors options and more focus on academics. I did not feel challenged at CN and was shocked when I went to another high school. I made good grades without trying hard at all at CN.

Good academics, sports, and social environment. A great school with a solid spiritual foundation. CNHS provides a positive environment for middle and high school students.

Last modified Cardinal Newman School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12