PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

I made a big mistake when I enrolled my daughter into this school. Her pre k class was fine but as soon as she turned 5 they skipped her to kindergarten. The kindergarten teacher is extremely mean to the children. Everyday my daughter comes home upset and telling me all the mean things the teacher says to her. She has told my child her work was horrible. When i bring it to the principal's attention she says she will address it but never does. My daughter's confidence has gone down. She cries because she hates going to this school. The worst part is that she will have to do kindergarten over because by law children have to be 5 by sept 1st to qualify for kindergarten. My daughter's birthday is in Nov and i have enrolled her in public school for next year. They want their tuition money on time but will not take the time to properly communicate with parents about their children. So disappointed that our African american teachers could treat our own so bad. My daughter has also told me she was plucked in the head by an aftercare teacher. When i addressed her face to face she lied. I am waiting til i remove my daughter to report it to DSS

I love this school. I have two sons that are currently enrolled. My 4 year old is almost reading and that is because of the Pre-K curriculum. My oldest son is doing well also. The class sizes are small, which is creates a great learning environment. I also like that they start every morning off with prayer and encouraging words.

I definitly agree with the others. My child has attented St. Martin for 3 yrs now and I do not see that she is getting the hugher education that I expected. I know many other childen that attends public school who are far more advanced thatn her. This school is definitely not what I expected from a private school. The principal is very strict and shows kn compassion towards the children. The cafeteria is so out-dated that I doubt it will meet DHEC standards.

I do not like this school at all.My kids will not be attending next year.....the pricipal has no feelings for the children or the parents,you can't talk to her at all.My kids are not getting the education i expected them to get.

I am very disappointed in this school. I enrolled two children there for the 2006-2007 school yr. After enrolling them into a public school for 2008. I found out that both were not working on grade level based on SC curriculum . I had to hire tutors to get them caught up. I thought a private school education would give them a advantage but St.Martins was the wrong choice.

The principal is too strict and treats the children as though they were soldiers. The school and materials are outdated . The work is textbook and worsheet centered and field trips and 'out of the box' thinking are virtually non-existant. The quality teachers come and go like tides. What a shame to see a school with such an important place in history fail.

Communication at this school is terrible. Parents are not notified about events or projects until last minute usually day before. Website is never updated. Principal not helpful.This school has caring teachers but a long way to go to catch up with other private schools in the columbia area.

Last modified St Martin De Porres School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6